on 20 October 2012
Do not underestimate the power of this lock, it is like an armoured shell with no weakness, Sold Secure Gold, tough rubber seals and not to mention the theft proof locks. Read the reviews on this lock and on all website you will be pleased. Why go for a small cheap lock that does little to scare thieves, lock is heavy, maximum level 12

27 mm overlapping steel shells protect the inner steel cable
ABUS Power Cell Technology (patented) offers highest protection against hitting and pulling attacks
ABUS Power Link Technology (patented) offers a direct locking of the chain to the Power Cell and increases its efficiency
Interlocked lock body cover to protect against brutal opening methods
The steel shells, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
ABUS X-Plus cylinder for extremely high protection against manipulations, e.g. picking
Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED lighted
Automatic keyhole cover against dirt and corrosion
ABUS Code Card for additional and replacement key
[...]

I use mine on my bike, haven't worked my finger to the bone for it to be sold for a quick profit down an alleyway- major tip, get your bike tagged, if there's no solid evidence you own the bike what could the police do?
on 1 September 2014
I found this lock to have a solid well made quality to it, the casing around the cable made from a soft feel material so it does not scratch the frame, and the key lock is very easy to use, the whole lock coils up neatly and is not too bulky, as for resistance from thieves, lucky I cannot comment on at this point, Its good quality lock I would recommend it
on 12 February 2014
I am writing this now after having spent a good 15 minutes clinging on to a set of traffic lights after being quite literally blown off of my bike. I was struggling to actually stand and hold the bike and used this lock to secure the bike for safety reasons. If I had let go it would likely have gone flying in to a car.

The lock is thick, heavy, dog resistant and very much the envy of lesser locks. If this lock was a dinosaur, think stegasaurus. Think clash of the Titans.

I left this lock out for my dog last night to test. Border collie. Around 6 hours of solid chewing. There are a few minor indentations in the rubber housing.
That is from a dog that ate a leather belt and a brick.

Buy this lock now whilst on offer - a sound investment.
on 17 June 2015
Nice piece of kit.
on 2 May 2014
I've bought a lovely new bike, wonderfully light. The lock is so unbearably heavy that I've had to take it off the bike as I can barely lift the bike with it on. I wouldn't want to carry it in a backpack either! I'm now looking for something much lighter.