Customer reviews

Le Toy Van Noah's Great Ark

on 10 January 2013
This was bought for our 2 year old grand daughter Chloe for Christmas 2012. Both Chloe and her 4 year old sister absolutely loved it, as did their 2 year old cousin. The ark itself is very sturdy and the animals are great but what became quickly evident is that the house, which sits on top of the ark, is not so sturdy and is starting to break up - this is particularly so in the area where the house slots into the Ark deck .
The house seems to be manufactured from a composite material covering a cardboard type interior and is clearly not of the same quality as the ark. Having said that, for the price paid, I expected an better overall standard of build and material, however, can find no fault with the animals. As I have said, the children adore this toy but no way can it handle robust handling.
on 18 May 2017
This is very well made; a lovely item.
on 24 November 2010
This Ark is large, brightly painted and very well made with 10 pairs of animals (giraffes, zebras, lions, elephants, penguins, crocodiles, kangaroos, doves, hippos and dolphins) plus Mr & Mrs Noah, which all fit into the Ark for storage. It is easily self-assembled, with screws in the main body and dowels in the roof. We would prefer it to be completely with screws for strength and durability - it looks as if it might be difficult to repair if one of the dowels breaks but this did not put us off buying. The animals are great - slightly stylised but well painted and with some material parts eg ears/mane depending on animal. It was good to see unusual creatures such as crocodile, dolphin and kangaroo included for their educational value. It opens at the back (slide-up, removable door) and side (drop-down ramp) and there is an internal ramp but this only stays up when all the animals are stored inside. It's a Christmas present for our one-year old (though definitely for older children due to small parts so will need full supervision) and we imagine she will love it. There is a much smaller Ark by the same company available so make sure you buy the size you're after.
on 19 September 2013
After trolling the Internet for the right Noah's Ark as a Christening present.....I found this one by chance and I'm glad I did because it was just the one my niece wanted for her son!! I liked the colours and the fact that you could see the features of the animals and Noah was a great match of what he should look like - compared to most I had seen.
on 27 December 2011
We bought this toy as a Christmas gift for our grandson who is 3 and a half. He loves it. The ark itself is well made and easy to assemble. The wooden animals are also well made and the soft ears/tails/wings are a lovely touch as is the baby kangaroo's head peeping out of it's mother's pouch. I would certainly recommend this beautiful toy.
on 9 March 2010
very well made and well worth the money paid, bought similar product last year from habitat but this new one is so much better.
on 11 March 2012
This Noah's Ark is just lovely. It is well made and the wooden animals are just the right size and shape for little hands. My grand daughter adores it.
on 1 October 2011
I bought this toy for my Grandson's 2nd birthday, he loves it, he plays with it all the time, he can name all the animals,and he counts them when he puts them into the ark. so it is teaching him at the same time as he is enjoying playing with it, Being wooden the whole toy is very sturdy and the animals are of a good size Overall i am really very pleased with this toy.
on 27 September 2014
I bought this ark for my son's second birthday and although it is stunningly beautiful, it is quite frankly not nearly structurally strong enough to withstand his playing with it. His birthday was a week ago today and already the screws holding the main body of the ark have started to loosen and the upper house section is showing considerable wear and tear, particularly around the fittings that hold the house section on to the deck of the ark. This section seems to be made from a kind of veneered cardboard/MDF and is literally crumbling away. I'm actually very disappointed as we've bought several toys from Le Toy Van (one of their garages and endless toy cars) that have withstood constant play but the Grand Ark has barely lasted one week.

Would have expected better quality from a company that markets itself as a provider of durable toys. As I said, it really is beautiful but I don't see it lasting until Christmas, which is such a shame as this was his 'main' birthday present.
on 23 June 2011
This is a fabulous ark. It is really big and very sturdy. The animals are colourful and robust. Delighted with my purchase, my children love it.