Price:£27.50+ £2.03 shipping

on 10 October 2007
I wanted to love this, I really did. I massively anticipated this when I saw the trailers. However...

Let's get the bad stuff out of the way.
1) Load Time - This game is terible for it. The game contains massive amounts of loading, lag, and drops in framerate. It is simply inexcusable in a console game to put with problems that should only belong to ancient PC's, but alas, it's here. Even the Day-Night transition causes lag!
2) Shallow - Initially, there seems a massive amount to do, but it soon becomes clear that there are only 3 real activities in the entire game; the collection of essences (...yawn...), building furniture and houses (which is nice), and limited interaction (not without its charm, but shallow, and eventually repetitive). That's it. Interaction with other sims comes down to pressing the 'A' button, then watching your sim do a short animation that eventually gets very repetitive, seeing as how their aren't a lot of different interactions.

And now the good. This game has charm, almost Animal Crossing levels of the stuff. You can create and populate your town how you wish; make buildings look anyway you want, make the inside of peoples houses look how you want, it's a nice 'model village' simulation. But with its faults, I would say either buy this for £20 or less, or wait for a sequel that fixes these problems, because for the price it's asking, their's just too little to do, which is a shame, as this game has charm, and massive potential.
on 28 September 2007
I really enjoyed this game, it is a little slow to get going as you have to design your SIM, your house and your workshop before you can get going but once you get in there is lots to do.
There is the normal SIMs must collect everything element but the relationship building and SIM maintenance have been dropped. You build relationships by completing tasks, and you don't have to worry about upsetting a SIM, or wetting yourself at inappropriate moments!
There is quite a lot of load screens which can be a little annoying, but as long as you take it as a slow pressure free gaming experience it is great.
on 23 September 2007
This is a wonderful game. MySims begins by letting you create your own sim, then you learn of a town that has been run down and it is your job to property develop, build everything from a chair to a house, liaise with locals and tempt visiting Sims to move in to your town. It's a fantastic game in the respect that every game will be individual to the player, from how the buildings look to what businesses you decide to accept in to your town. The open ended game play means that MySims is almost like a second life you can just dip in to, you have a notebook of your jobs and you are free to complete them as and when you wish, there is plenty to keep the game 'fresh' from collecting essences that allow you to paint in different colours, to planting trees and opening new areas and towns to re-develop. This is a completely new take on the Sims and in my opinion this is the best Sims game yet.
on 4 April 2008
I bought this thinking it would be entertaining to design and build my own world and watch the characters interact with one another. My goodness, do I sound like I wanted to be a god???!!! Anyway, I am not enjoying this game package and will probably not get as far as having anyone move into my town to build for them.

It is so slow. Every time you enter or leave a building there is a loading screen. Having played Resident Evil and Harry Potter on the Wii where the 360 degree play environments are far more detailed and sophisticated I can't understand why this is so slow. Its really tedious.

There are only limited choices in the way you design your own Sims character; frankly there is more detail available to make your Mii character.

Looking at the advertising material for this game, along with the video footage at the beginning of the game, I thought that you could be incredibly creative in building the houses. Having built my own I found that it is not the case. As an earlier reviewer noted there is an issue with fitting your roof. In building your own house you're offered quite a large plot. I spent ages filling mine, laboriously fitting each window etc only to find that the roof options were tiny. I ended up having to stick many different roofs on and it looked a shambles. Also there are few ornamentation options.

The worst and most tedious aspect of this game is the furniture. It must have taken me half an hour to try and fit blocks to their template of a boring wooden chair. The Wii controls made it ridiculously hard to mainupulate the blocks onto the required parts of the template - I was unable to finish the chair unless I covered certain parts of the template. At this rate it will take several days of my life to construct plain, unexciting furniture for my house alone. I have better things to do with my time, such as watching the grass grow on my lawn.

I would buy an improved version of the Sims as the basic idea still appeals, but it would need to be more pacy and offer more opportunities for simple creativity. Not recommended in its current form.
on 2 October 2007
I've played the sims for ages and couldn't wait for a game to come out for the Wii. My Sims is great you have loads of options and lots of things to do. With none of the worries you have with normal sims. The only problem is when it's loading a new screen it takes a while. But saying that i love it I've even got my mum intrested and she never plays computer games.
on 4 November 2007
well bad points :
1. REALLY LONG LOADING!
2. The music gets on ur nervs
3. its quite short to feel uve completed the game took me bout 4 days (non stop, took me 3 weeks but only went on it a few times)
4. it aches ur hand a bit
5. u need a nunchuck

good points:
1. if u like animal crossing like me ur'l like this :)
2. if u like life games then url like this
3. if u got annoyed on sims for ps2 that ur sim got all moody when u didnt keep it happy that it kept u from completing the game then no worrys this game u just have to keep ur mates interests good
4. there so cute!
5. its nice u get to make ur own house from scratch like on other games u have to build it on a set house block
6. the escenses are quite cool

i strongly reccomend the strategy guide too, it helps u find the escences u want and prepares u for coming up tasks!
on 13 April 2008
It's the best game ever! This is my frist sim game and as soon as I started I just loved it. The best time of the game is when your town is a 5 star town and you may think you have finished but you haven't. I've completed the game but I still play on it. I don't think there will ever be a game as good as this one!
on 29 July 2015
I was saving up money to buy this game and it didn't disappoint.The only problem was it was supposed to come from the 23rd to the 27th but it came late.The game is quite slow loading so if you have no patience then this game is not for you, also the story is quite slow. The graphics are very good and the game is quite simplistic and perfect for creative and imaginative people.
on 23 April 2008
This is a cute version of the Sims series and I really looked forward to it. However, as a seasoned Sims player, this was far too simple and I soon got bored with it.

If you are new to the Sims this is a great place to start as you don't have make sure your sim sleeps, eats or goes to the toilet regular. You soon get used to running around like a headless chicken to collect essences, build and decorate homes as each sim you invite to live likes.

The loading time for this game is so bad though you can go and make a drink and come back just in time for the scene to have loaded! Is it any wonder you are given tips on playing the game whilst it is loaded. The other bad thing about this game is when you have completed it that's it, you just carry on to your hearts content with no more things for you to have to do and it doesn't take a great deal of time to do it either.

If you are introducing a child or are a newby player to the Sims this is the perfect way to start, otherwise if you know someone who has already got it, borrow it or rent it from somewhere.
on 28 August 2008
I bought the DS version and was instantly addicted and when I received a Wii for christmas i bought it for the wii as well.
I thought it was addictive on the DS but its 10 times more addictive on the Wii, so much to do and you get to build stuff and really make the town come back to life with new charectors in the hotel everyday.
The only problem was that it ended. Cant they create a never ending My Sims?
Highly recommended for all Sims fans at all ages :)