on 15 August 2008
SuperLED Solar 60 White LED Light String
I first bought a set of these lights for camping. Going away for the first time in ages and didn't want the problem of having to buy batteries, but to use the lights on the top of the tent for safety at night, and to locate it after a few drinks.

They are a great buy. Everything that I wanted. They lit up the first night, stayed on the tent and are now, due to the wife, in the garden. So I bought a second set. The wife is delighted with the garden and I use both sets when camping for safety and location when I wear my beer goggles. Highly recommended. Oh, forgot the service, Superb and second to none.

What a shame. Just 3 weeks after I gave this review, the PCB in the unit packed up. I managed to rig up the PCB from an old solar light and it's working again but the second set that I bought are still working fine. So the result is now in the balance.

If the second set manage to keep going, I'll be happy. If they pack up after a while, I'll let you know.
on 17 September 2008
I was disappointed with these lights. They stopped working after only having them a few days, after heavy rain. I posted the item back (at my expense) for a replacement...and the same thing happened again after another bout of rain. They really shouldn't konk out just because of wet weather!
I havent bothered to send these back - as I got rid of the packaging thinking it would not happen twice - but it did.
It's a shame as they are pretty lights.
on 2 December 2007
When I received this product it looked really good, however when I put the lights onto my tree in the Garden I have been waiting ever since for these to light up even once. I was so disappointed that I have taken them of my tree and kept them tucked away until the summer to see if they actually work.
on 18 May 2008
I think these lights do a decent enough job, but the construction quality is pretty poor. I had one set of lights very dim and another would not work at all in continuous mode.

The weak point of this product is the very cheap slider switch used to set the different modes (continous/off/blink). I opened mine up and hard wired them into the on position.

Also one set that arrived was obviously a return as the solar cell was missing the protective plastic and it was a little scratched and mucky.

Having mounted them on my fence to get maximum sunlight they seem to get enough power to keep them going till bedtime, even on an overcast day. So overall once I had gotten around the defects, I'm pretty happy with them and will probably buy more.
on 28 October 2007
Do not expect plug in Christmas light effects - particularly in winter - it needs reasonable light in daytime to work. An overcast day will not produce much light at night. Fine for summer, but a bit touch and go for a Christmassy effect.
on 30 November 2013
Ordered two sets for trees in the front garden over Christmas - cheap and cheerful for a short time. Sadly, although adequately packed and carefully handled both sets had to be returned, one set wouldn't come on even though the solar panel was left to charge in full light for 14 hours, the other set wouldn't go off automatically, had to use the main on/off switch, which defeats the object of automatic on at dusk/off at dawn facility stated. On set didn't have any fixing screws/rawlplugs for mounting the lights on a wall. Fortunately purchase price refunded in full, but the inconvenience of returning them (can't use the Post office - Amazon's rules not mine - have to use a courier service) was a nuisance. It was an item which couldn't simply be replaced by Amazon, don't understand quite why that was so. Had to purchase replacements elsewhere. Only glad I ordered them well in advance of Christmas.
on 19 January 2016
I bought this and somehow it ended up, unopened in the loft. Fast forward how ever many months / years later I come across it whilst clearing the loft ready for the conversion "Huzzah!" I proclaim and head out to the shed to put it up. I leave it for a couple of days and it's still not lighting up.

I bring it back in, open it up and half the wires are not attached, it was never going to work. I'm irritated as I had gotten all excited, had I opened it at the time I would have been able to send it back. As it is now, it's in the bin...well the landfill, I assume, I binned it last week and the bin men collected it so now it's probably being pecked apart by seagulls on the Thames estuary.
on 25 October 2015
Nice when they work but these stopped working after about 4 months. I took the thing apart and managed to get them to work again but they seem to have a mind of their own...working one day then not working the next! Wiggle the wires around and it might come back on...or it might not. Reminds me of my ex!!! But that's a story for another day.
on 26 March 2009
I was extremely pleased with these lights, they eliminated on the first evening of installation after just about 3hrs of charging! I must confess this was one of our early and full days of March sunshine. The lighting string is durable and bulbs nestle neatly amongst the foliage as they blow in the evening breeze they appear to twinkle. The solar panel on the lighting string I received, is "round" unlike the one shown on the boxes and picture for the sale item. I don't know if this an improved version as I notice other customers were not so satisfied, maybe the ones I received are slightly improved or updated. The string comes with 2 settings; constant and flashing. Personally the flashing option looks a bit tacky outside of the Christmas period. They didn't need to be switched off for 48hrs before charging, you keep these turned `on' to charge. The white light is pretty and of surprisingly good strength and can be seen from a good distance. I was extremely happy with this purchase, a good garden lighting decision.
on 9 December 2013
I had these lights given to me as a present and I had them in the sun for two days and the lights flicked on the first night and lasted about one hour, the second night the lights came on again for about ten minutes then one by one the light went out, very disappointing. I wish I could return them or get my money back.