Customer reviews

on 30 May 2012
I heard a snippet of Dougie Maclean on the radio and ordered this double CD as he sounded really good. Since recieving it a few weeks ago I have been playing it almost constantly. Its the most gorgeous music I have heard for ages. His voice is superb, the lyrics are to die for and I am now completely addicted to Dougie!!If I could rate this higher than 5 stars I would. Buy it - you will love it!!!
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 27 June 2011
I have hovered around Dougie Maclean's music for a few years -without buying anything! I saw the amazon reviews for this double album of his "hits" and decided to take the plunge. It is a very refreshing album and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like soulful folk music then I think that like many others who guided me - you will enjoy it too
2 people found this helpful
on 9 September 2015
Caledonia is only one part of the pleasure this man's songs bring to his audience. I love his voice and I love his songs. This DVD provides an excellent flavour of Dougie's output.
Gerry Mc Menemy.
on 4 January 2018
Very good
on 11 April 2014
A well loved and respected folk artist; royalty in folk circles. Excellent value CD that covers the best work from this folk icon. Prompt processing and posting.
on 14 February 2013
I first heard Maclean on You Tube and liked 'Ca the Yowes' so much, I listened to his other works. I then bought this. I am not Scottish, but feel the nostalgia for folklore and song. My father, who is a country music fan, also loves this. Ballads and country music combine in singing a story. Just chill with this and release that stress.
on 29 April 2013
Have always loved Dougie Maclean's music but his "Essential" CD is first class and of course it has the great "Caledonia" track on it. Excellent choice.
on 12 June 2016
Brilliant musician, brilliant collection....been on most of the time since it arrived!!
on 16 January 2016
I bought this for a friend in Canada so that she could educate her friends with the greatest Scottish singer songwriter. I already have a copy of this quality double cd. Absolute quality.
on 18 November 2017