Format: DVD|Change

on 28 January 2009
I have to say I was highly disappointed with this film, despite the participation of some salsa legends. I would be very interested to learn how well this movie has done at the box office.
The story is very limited, which is OK I guess in a dance movie. However, with the opening scene being a dance number in a garage featuring oily mechanics with perms miming playing drums, the stage is set for a very superficial movie.
I really doubt that this musical would encourage anyone to play salsa, dance salsa or visit LA.
I stuck it out and watched most of the film, hoping for a good bit, but it never came...
If you want a whimsical salsa movie, try "Dance with me" - at least the characters have some .....character
on 25 April 2004
If you love films like Dirty Dancing, this is an absolute must. Don'texpect a particularly intricate plotline, but all fans of salsa willappreciate the choreography. Great soundtrack, too.
on 25 August 2013
I loved this film when I first saw it, I had it on video but since getting rid of my video player I never thought I would be able to get it on dvd as this film is quite old and not something most people would go for, so I am really happy.
Really good quality and fast delivery.
on 14 June 2007
There was lots of good music on this film but most of the dancing didn't go with it - I've seen gymnasts matching their steps to music better than this.The dialogue and acting was too unsubtle,abrupt and generally unbelievable at times.If you want to see lots of beautiful young dancers shaking their stuff in colourful costumes then this could be the film for you.But the love story and dancing have been done far more powerfully and persuasively on Patrick Swayze's movie Dirty Dancing.
on 22 July 2007
Its nowhere near as good as dirty dancing but...aslong as you remember its an old film therefore...is very cheesy its great!The dancing is really cool to watch and for those of us who are salsa lovers...it teaches you the passion in salsa.Its got a great storyline aswel.On the otherhand...there are random bits in it which are not necessary, e.g. when Rico sings pretty much a whole elvis song in the shower and rolling down the stairs.A bit cringey but otherwise, great film.
on 31 August 2005
Story of two best friends one who is a great salsa dancer.
They are more or less like brothers until Rico's sister falls in love with Ken. An enjoyable film that I have watched several times but not really a film for the lads
on 4 January 2011
If you like dance movies and you like Salsa then you'll love this movie, used to own this on video and when I saw it was out on DVD I couldnt resist. A cheesy and predictable film as with all dance movies but highly recommended if that is you thing.
on 8 July 2012
BBRILL movie my daughter's fav as a child it'd got great soundtrack BRILL dancing interesting story. Was bought as surprise gift for daughters birthday she loved it
on 5 March 2015
well worth money very good film to watch arrived on time just another one to my collection I would rate it 10 out of 10 its a good film for a quiet night in
on 25 January 2014
I watched this a million times when I was a little girl and I remember how badly I wanted to dance and be in love - like they did!! Ahh