on 20 June 2013
These gloves were recommended for gardeners by Bob Brown in "Which? Gardening" magazine. They are exactly what i needed. They are made of breathable knitted nylon fabric but the palms, fingers and thumbs are covered in a nitrile coating. This means you can rip out nettles and even chunky brambles without the coating being pierced. You can feel the thorns but your hands remain undamaged as well as dry and clean (except for particularly heavy tasks for which you can use heavy duty gloves). They are fine enough to carry out fiddly jobs such as tying in and tweaking out little weeds. They can be rinsed under a tap or chucked in the washing machine and they dry quickly. Having dry, sensitive skin which has suffered whilst gardening, these gloves are next to miraculous. Bob says that they last him, a nurseryman, a year, in which case they are excellent value.
on 29 March 2013
Excellent gloves for gardening, wear them all the time and would not use any other make. Highly recommend these gloves.
on 9 March 2014
These are the best gardening gloves that I have ever had in over 60yrs of gardening. They are flexible at all temperatures, have a waterproof face and breathable backing, they are very durable and machine washable. The have an excellent tactile grip whether wet or dry and are a pleasure to use. They are also very useful for other DIY jobs especially when you need to be sure of your grip. I gather that they are a popular choice for car mechanics. If you have large hands make sure that you buy the 9/XL size.
on 8 July 2013
I've been an amateur gardener for over half a century. The only thing I've disliked is the dirt I always had under the fingernails. Now I am a laryngectomee and need one hand free (and clean) if I want to speak: this was impossible until I purchased the gloves.

Now I no longer get dirty fingernails, and the gloves are easy to remove when I want to speak, so all in all I think they're first rate.
on 10 December 2013
I first heard about these from Bob Brown's article in the Which magazine. They are very practical in use, with superb tactile grip in dry and wet conditions. I only wish that I had discovered them earlier in my gardening life!
Update - I have now been using these gloves for over a year and have found them to be very durable as well as excellent for multi tasking jobs. - just purchased some more for my neighbours, they are very good and my neighbours are impressed!
on 2 July 2013
How many pairs of gardeners gloves have I purchased over the years? Countless. And what usually happens is I take them off for fiddly jobs. These are first class gloves that don't make your hands sweat, give you a sensitive touch, are washable ..... what more do you want? Fantastic product.
on 7 June 2013
I bought these based on a recommendation by a fellow in Gardening Which? magazine. They are great for typical gardening jobs like clearing up, potting, pruning and so on, and while they won't stop big thorns coming through, they are fine for rough stems, small thorns and irritant foliage. Cheap and washable, they'll last a season.
on 9 June 2013
Bought for garden use by husband - saw recommendation in Gardening Which by a well-respected plant nursery owner.
So far seem good - tactile enough but stronger than the latex disposables. Said to machine-wash well - though have not tried yet.
on 14 October 2013
Better sense of feel than leather gloves.
Easy to clean.
Don't get too sweaty.
Unlike leather gloves not uncomfortable if they get wet and don't go stiff.
Ordered two pairs medium for wife
on 16 September 2014
These gloves are perfect for gardening as they are very flexible, fine and sensitive for seedling work and more, but protect against nettles, brambles and other vicious weeds! They also wash like a dream.