Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 April 2008
Lori McKenna's 5th album is arguably her best yet. The songs are very strong, both from a lyrical and melodic perspective. McKenna's voice is passionate, firey and sassy, whilst still touching on pain, loss and heartache when necessary.
Don't let the Nashville connections put you off if you're not a big country fan, this is an alternative country album containing some very strong songs sung with true feeling, and one that will not be out of place in the collection of any lover of the songwriting craft.
on 26 February 2012
I had never heard of Lori McKenna until I read an article by a journalist in the FT.

What struck me was his unashamed adoration of the artist and his passionate description of her music and how it touched him. See [...]

It was an interesting article and I was curious to see what all the fuss was about. On a whim I checked her out on Spotify and I have to say, I was not disappointed. In fact i was blown away and I bought Unglamorous which arrived in a couple of days. Two days after that I was a convert and now I now have all of her albums. Lorraine is awesome too if you have not got that.

Brilliant.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2017
When this arrived, it was a fake. The CD was an obvious copy and the inserts were cheaply printed copies. Returned immediately.
on 3 June 2016
This album is brilliant, but if you have ever seen Lori perform she is also brilliant. Love this album.