Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 February 2011
I used to listen to this album, owned by my older brother, when it was original released and I was early in my teens. When I listen to it today I realize how good it actual is. Mick Tayler, who was John Mayall's third great guitarist after Eric Clapton and Peter Green, prove on this album that he equal both EC and PG. No wonder why Keef and Mick choose him to replace Brian Jones. If you like white blues you don't have to look any further. This is another brilliant JM album, if not the very best.
on 20 August 2009
One of my favourite albums of the 60's. I hadn't heard it for 40 years so was thrilled to stumble across this great album on Amazon. Yes, I am enjoying every track as much as I did when in my teens.

Would have been a definite 5 star except that the re-mastering doesn't seem to be up to the best.

Mike
on 16 December 2014
An excellent album, great tracks, it brought back memories of that period of my life.
I have owned this album since the early 80`s, and it still pleases me when I listen to it. In my humble opinion, this is John`s finest work, I know how important the earlier album`s are, ' A HARD ROAD ' and ' THE BEANO ', but, at the time he made this, career wise, he had "made it" in the music industry, and was living in LAUREL CANYON , with neighbours like ' FRANK ZAPPA ' and ' DAVID CROSBY ', and, you can hear in the music, a modest contentment, from a very modest man. Not long after making this record, his house burnt to the ground , and he lost an enormous body of work, which , for me, makes this album even more poignant.If you enjoy good music, played well, and music that has depth and soul then buy this album, it will reward you forever.
on 26 December 2012
Not to everyones taste.
Classic Blues by one of the originals. Love the tracks.
Wish I had got this earlier
on 8 May 2013
had this on vinyl years ago , forgotten how good it was and a bonus track 2 boot !!!! buy it !!!
on 8 December 2015
An album originally bought in the 60's and lost, now re born in all its original brilliance.
on 20 January 2016
Great cd perfect, Deliverd as promised
on 20 August 2016