on 27 December 2009
This is not too bad, the bite valve works well and it is strong. The problem is that the water tastes strongly of plastic. Also it is really hard to get dry which causes mould. If space is a real problem then this is probably great but if you have room a normal bottle is better.
on 25 March 2016
This item burst along the seam upon first use - I have left seller and product feedback in the hope that they will respond and offer a replacement. as I really like the item and is the perfect size to fit in my bag however it appears when the two pieces of plastic were formed together they havnt melted/stuck one edge (because it doesnt exist) like the other side. This wasnt pleasant when it went all over the picnic matt and soaked into a course book while I was inside. not exactly rugged conditions
review image review image
on 9 January 2012
I bought two of these for my daughter and her husband to go trekking on Mt. Everest.
They used them constantly on the trek and were full of praise for their usefulness and adaptability .
on 25 March 2015
bag Ok (though bulges at the bottom) but the mouth piece tastes horribly of plastic so I don't use it.
I ended up buying an Osprey Hydraulics Bladder instead and these have a structure back so no strange deformation or bulging and they are also 100% taste free which if like me you don't like the thought of consuming plastic/chemicals so hate the plastic taste other bladders have is an absolute god send.
on 27 April 2014
I've been using the 3L bladder for several months now with no problems whatsoever. I often add lemon juice to the water (for the potassium) but with or without I haven't notice the plastic taste other reviewers have mentioned.

For drying I push a (still sealed) small pack of tissues into the mouth of the bladder and leave it open side down overnight and it always seems to be just fine.

I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who needs a lot of water on the move. I run long distances often in hot temperatures and this product works beautifully. I'm actually just about to buy another.
on 12 July 2010
Great idea but have had 2 of these now and both have started leaking on the seams of the bottle after only a moderate amount of use, after the 1st one split bought a replacement bottle. Now that has gone the same way and it seems you can no longer just buy the bottle on its own. Time for a Camelbak....
on 1 March 2015
its as advertised and works just like the previous platypus I bought, hopefully this one wont get a knife dropped on it .....
on 21 August 2016
Really great kit for the price, capacity is more than enough for any size of hike and doesn't have to be filled all of the way for smaller ones, I'm in the mindset where I always like to have the option for a little bit more if I need it than be stuck with a smaller capacity and have to just bring another bottle
on 27 April 2014
This is my third....let's hope this one doesn't go mouldy or split! I'll be keeping it in the freezer in the hope this helps...very tricky to keep clean
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2015
The best hydration system around - I've used other cheaper options but non have lasted as well as Playtpus