on 24 October 2014
Nickleback are one of those bands that always seem to get slated by rock and metal fans and critics and it has always confused me as I've always thought they're a decent band despite never blowing me away and with All The Right Reasons in 2005 they proved again that they are more than capable of writing solid rock songs. Starting off with Follow You Home, possibly one of their best tracks, then following it with Fight For all the Wrong Reasons, Photograph and Animals, the Nickers boys were onto a winner straight away. The remaining tracks are a fairly strong mix of mid paced rockers and ballads with Dimebag Darrell tribute Side of a Bullet featuring a riff James Hetfield and the mighty Dime himself would be proud of, and Savin' Me and Far Away being highlights.
All The Right Reasons also features the bands biggest hit so far(no, not that one!), Rockstar, which personally gets on my tits a bit but at the same time is just about bearable.
For me, Dark Horse is the best Nickleback album but this one offers variety, some good riffs and a few nice ballads and to be honest I'd rather have that than a bunch of metalcore bands that all sound the same. On every song. On every album.
on 28 February 2009
This is the second Nickelback album I've bought, the first being Silver Side Up.

I had a fair idea what to expect and wasn't disappointed. The three standout tracks for me were Photograph, If Everyone Cared and the advert-friendly Rockstar. Follow You Home was another great sinister, yet catchy tune and Animals is a hilariously filthy song (even better for not actually having explicit lyrics). These tracks alone are worth buying the album for.

Overall, if you like Nickelback, you'll want this album. If you don't there probably isn't anything on here to change your mind.
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2011
Nickleback are very good at songs with hooks that get you interested and driving rock songs that play just as well live as they do on a good sound system.

Photograph and, particularly, Rockstar are the songs here that would get you interested in this album. I would add Far Away for me as the standout slower song and perhaps Side of a Bullet as the best rock song.

If you like Nickleback's mix of material then this album should not leave you feeling disappointed.
on 22 May 2017
Yet another great album by nickleback
on 31 July 2013
Is it any reason why this album broke the billboard sales records...NO!! Not by any means. Probably my favorite album from Nickelback, this has everything you could wish for in an album which very easily equals 'A night at the opera' by Queen. The killer singles 'Rockstar' and 'Photograph' are pretty much the center pieces of this album, but if you're only buying for these songs, wait!! 'All the right reasons' is a treat to listen to as it has a different mood than the rest of the albums they have released in their career.

Classic, timeless and few hard hitting songs make this ablum SENSATIONAL!! definitely the one that stands out from the rest and a great buy for any classic rocker.
VINE VOICEon 29 January 2008
You hear many people saying that Nickelback aren't all that, but I disagree. I have most of the Nickelback albums and enjoy this the most. They have a good mix of songs on this album ranging from the harder side of Rock with the likes of 'Animal' and 'Next Contestant' and the more poignant songs with 'Savin Me' and 'If Everyone Cared'.
Basically a cracking album that follows on from Silver Side Up and The Long Road.
A true Nickelback fan will love this.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 April 2008
This is my first foray into Nickelback, on recommendation from my son. The more I listen to this album, the more I like it, and having the DVD was a real bonus - the videos really bring the tracks alive.
There isn't a bad track on the album, they are all good, but I probably listen to Photograph and Rockstar the most.
Nickelback really know how to work a crowd, and show great appreciation of their fans (unlike some bands). Their music has a real 'feelgood' factor to it, and they sing about things that you can easily relate to.
The main thing is - it's FUN. Play it with friends or on your own, but play it LOUD!
Definitely recommended, whether you're 18 (like my son) or 50 (like me). This is one of the very few albums that I can play with him in the car and we both enjoy it. So what are you waiting for? Go and buy it!
We're going to see them at the NEC in September................
on 7 April 2018
Good value
on 2 January 2018
5th studio album from the best band on the planet I have all there albums and special editions plus the greatest hits, highly recommened
on 1 March 2018