Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 August 2007
At first I was skeptical about 'Legally Blonde' being a musical - I thought what a dumb idea. But how very wrong I was. Laura Bell Bundy says, 'Our musical is treated very much like how Elle is treated when she first arrives at Harvard' and I agree 100%

But this soundtrack is incredible, that is the only word for it.

'Positive' and 'Serious' are two of the funniest songs around as well as 'Ireland' and 'There! Right! There!'

Laura Bell Bundy gives the most outstanding performance as Elle and the rest of the cast are perfect especially Orfeh who's power ballads make you want to laugh and cry at the same time.

A MUST HAVE FOR YOUR CD COLLECTION!
on 21 July 2007
I am a massive fan of the original MGM film....and at first i was a bit 'HOW CAN THEY MAKE A MUSICAL OF SUCH A CLASSIC FILM?!?!?!'

BUT...

Was i wrong or what???

That soundtrack is AMAZING!!! its got the upbeat/funky songs which everyone loves and the beautiful ballads which are always a pleasure to listen too!!

Songs (for me) that stand out are:
Ohmigod you guys
Whipped into Shape
Bend and Snap
There! Right There!
Legally Blonde Remix

Not to say that the other songs aren't just as good (because they are), but these are the song i ADORE!!!!

Please buy, you wont be dissapointed!
on 20 March 2013
An absolutely spectacular soundtrack! Every song filled with humour, feeling and vitality. Especially songs such as "Omigod You Guys!", "Positive", "Ireland", "Chip on my Shoulder", "Legally Blonde/Remix" and "Find my way/Finale". This soundtrack is a pleasure to own and listen to. I never get tired of it.
on 1 June 2016
Fantastic album! I didn’t see the original stage show but recently saw a production at a local theatre and wanted to get the album as I loved the songs. This is a great version and the songs are lots of fun to sing along to!
on 30 November 2013
I discovered this after hearing 'So Much Better' on Elaine Paige on Sunday and I subsequently played that one song over and over.
After finding a live recording of the full Broadway Show on Youtube and hearing all the other songs as a result, I just HAD to buy the CD! Only wish I had seen it live now :(

I love how each song contains elements of another and this is a frequent theme throughout.

Songs that stand out :)

Legally Blonde
So Much Better (yup, it got knocked off top spot)
Positive
Ireland
Take It Like A Man
What You Want
Find My Way/Finale
OhMiGod You Guys
Chip On My Shoulder
Legally Blonde re-mix
Serious ( cracks me up when he says he thinks they should break up and she carries on singing before realising what he has said)
Whipped Into Shape

Essentially, I love them all. The only ones I'm not overly keen on are 'Blood In The Water' and 'The Harvard Variations.'

Highly recommend this OBC recording. Well worth the money :)
on 6 May 2013
After watching the performance, I had to have this CD!
The songs are so catchy and I find myself singing them all the time.
I prefer this version to the other.
I like to listen to it to give me some motivation when doing my law coursework - If Elle can do it, I can!
on 26 November 2007
I could not wait to listen to this soundtrack and I wasn't disappointed when I did. The songs are fun, upbeat and completely original. As a soundtrack it works really well with songs that move along the plot and give strong character based lyrics. Unfortunately if you want a spot on replica of the film you will not get it but the writers have done a brilliant job adapting this from the screen to the stage, keeping the original plot as closely as possible and yet making this a strong individual show.

For me the best number was the opening one "Ohmygod you guys!" it completely captures the Delta Nu s with a great sense of fun, easily integrating dialogue and establishing Elle's character from the onset.

If I were to say something bad about it, it would be that the characters for me did not entirely live up to their portrayal in the movie. Some are missed out, some are added and others exagerated. There is a real sense of a divide between the goodies and the baddies, with Elle as the obvious heroine.

As the show progresses the tone of the piece also changes and the songs become less individually memorable. If you are looking for solo songs there are not many but the show has some great duets between Elle and Emmet. The only clear solo being Paulette's song "Ireland" in which she describes her love of all things Irish, especially the men.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Strong original music, great storyline and catchy tunes you'll be humming to yourself all day.
on 5 November 2009
When I first heard that they had made a musical of Legally Blonde (a film that I love!), my first thoughts were "What the hell do they think they are doing ruining the good name of Legally Blonde?" To say I was a bit sceptic would probably be the understatement of the year.

Seriously though, give this musical a chance because it really is pure gold! The songs are really catchy, upbeat and full of energy, and recorded by a hugely talented cast led by the amazing and beautiful Laura Bell Bundy.

Full of wit, energy and some real laugh-out-loud moments, this truly is an incredible soundtrack for an incredible musical which easily matches and, yes, probably surpasses the film!

The show really captures all of the humour and heart that we saw in the film, but adds the magic of Broadway and properly develops the things that could have been done in the movie but weren't, such as the much under-used relationship between Elle and Emmett (seriously, did they really say more than a handful of words to each other in the film before he proposed?)

In short, you'll feel So Much Better if you buy this!

Several quotes from the show pretty much sum this soundtrack up:

- "When I'm lonely or feeling dejected, I play this and it never fails" - Paulette

- "Oh, we've got to buy this! What are you blind?!" - Elle

- "OMIGOD YOU GUYS!!" - Elle's Greek Chorus

- "I see no end to what you'll achieve..." - Vivienne
on 15 November 2010
I went to see Legally Blonde back in July and I lovesd the music so much that i went out and bought the album! I saw Sheridan Smith and Duncan from Blue but could not find a recording of their voices. This album is fantastic, the songs are extremely catchy and it's great to listen to when you're feeling low or just want a sing-a-long!
on 18 August 2009
I've always loved musicals, and this is one of my favourite musical soundtracks. The music is fun and querky and tell the story.
My favourite song in the musical is "Positive" and "So Much Better" but I luv all of them. I can't wait to go and see the London version!!