Customer reviews

Colour: Black|Change

on 1 February 2015
I use this for winter cycling. It can easily be positioned to cover as much or as little of your face as you need to keep warm. Keeps your neck warm too.

Because the fabric is thin:
-it takes up very little storage space when not being worn
-it fits easily under my helmet, i dont have to adjust the straps like i have with full thickness alternatives
-it keeps the worst of the cold off my face, enough for a comfortable commute in UK winter temperatures. However a thicker fabric would probably be warmer if that is all you care about.
on 26 February 2017
Good, keeps my face warm. Downside, it moves inside the helmet so you have to pull it down a couple of times or else you wont be able to see with it covering your eyes while riding (obviously it'll be good for anything over than riding on a motorcycle with an helmet but it does tend to slip up and start blocking your view of the road).
on 24 May 2016
Our three grandsons love to play with my motorcycling balaclava, so I bought three of these: Hey Presto, three happy Ninjas leaping about the house! Great value for that but also excellent for motorcycling, particularly if you value your throat when it gets hit by the occasional bee at 70 mph.
on 23 December 2016
Use this go-karting. It's a decent enough balaclava. Quite thin for going inside a helmet.
I've used it five or six times and washed it twice, no problems with the sitiching or fading.
on 3 August 2014
Bought this balaclava for my winter cycle rides to work, fits nicely, does the job, stops my face and forehead from getting sub zero temp windchill and has lasted me a whole winter without showing major signs of wear, and yes i would recommend this balaclava if you want to keep the facial area warm in those winter months.
on 20 January 2012
Please be aware this item is ridiculously small. I'm an average 6ft bloke and I felt it was far too tight/small to be of any use(wondered why the model in the picture is female). Also the material is so thin it's practically see through, some of my wife's tights are thicker!! Okay for the price, but not what I was expecting.
on 23 November 2011
Pros:
It's cheap
I am warmer
Not too warm

Con's:
Blocks vision in the corner of your eyes, not good for life saver glances, mine doesn't sit as far from the eyes as the one in the photo. I do appreciate you need to pull it on fully and tight to find the right position for it, however it will still move around a bit.

I would prefer it not to cover my mouth.

It's already unthreading inside after a weeks of use.

Overall:
It's cheap, it will do the job for a month or two, but I won't be sad when i lose it and will probably invest a little bit more next time.
on 30 December 2016
Recommend if you ever cycle anywhere ever. Seems very thin - makes a huge difference. Gets a bit smelly, so wash regularly.
on 25 January 2017
Good quality product in daily use on bike washes well and keeps shape
on 7 November 2016
The pic gives the impresison this is a thick garment - its not.