on 5 January 2016
The man with no name trilogy is a classic series of spaghetti westerns. My favourite is still FAFDM, great score! Commentaries are on here too, if you want a bit of background to the movies themselves. Made in the 1960s, they have a unique style. From the almost operatic Good, Bad, Ugly, to the stripped down "jojimbo" remake, a fist full of dollars. Bit of a bargain too, when you fancy a bit of super cool Eastwood action, morricone music and bad dubbing from Italian! A must have collection at a bargain price. They also throw in Hang Em High!
5 people found this helpful
on 27 December 2011
I find it difficult to imagine that anyone who likes westerns has not seen the movies included in this set. Obviously I had seen the movies before buying this collection, and I knew I liked them, but what made this collection worth buying for me was the commentaries. Very interesting and informative. I think particularly in case of the so-called dollar trilogy it's important to understand the context, know the background, and that's exactly what these commentaries provide.
But if you happen to be new to the world of westerns and you are wondering whether to buy the set or not, I recommend you do. You get four films for a very reasonable price, all of them uncut (I understood from the commentaries that when the films were released in the States, for instance, certain sequences were cut because they were deemed inappropriate) and the commentaries are an added bonus. Besides, the dollar trilogy is definitely something that every Eastwood fan must have.
12 people found this helpful
on 7 March 2017
Whose never heard of Clint Eastwood, from the days of some of his first westerns, and perhaps the days of Rowdy Yates and Rawhide.

He as moved on since then,and the name, Clint Eastwood became an household name. This collection is first class, and well worth a purchase.
on 15 January 2014
A good set of DVDs worth the price i paid and well worth the viewing. Classic Westerns and never bettered, for me the Spaghetti western trilogy will always be the definitive cowboy film.
Now, the product comes as 4 films in seperate slim line DVD cases ( not the full box size) and the films have English subtitles and quality is good as would be expected. Excellent packaging keeps the cases firmly in place. Worthy addition to any collector.
on 22 June 2018
Love Clint Eastwood's performance. Inspired something of an obsession with his character...
on 6 April 2013
I took me back to my distant youth and it was fun to watch Clint creating what are perhaps some of the most memorable western characters I can recall. Having watched these again and also a couple of John Wayne films recently I think Clint wins out. The music, atmosphere and stark scenery, as well as the sparse dialogue in the spagetti films put then in a class of their own. Certainly violent but not compared to more modern films and it does seem to suit the plot and the period.
on 18 April 2018
Love the old westerns...Clint does them great....Great price too x
on 23 June 2018
Classic Clint at his best good cinematography and action
on 22 February 2018
What can I say but ,altimate Western classics
on 25 September 2012
These are 4 of Clint Eastwood's best 'Western' films. Did not notice any problems with the audio. I know from years of watching movies that sometimes there is 'alternative audio' for certain film audiences...'Dubbing' as we know it! I've seen versions before with Mexican Spanish audio with English subtitles, so it just depends if it's been edited. These films were all English versions. Can't argue with this product, great films for a great price. 5/5