on 26 February 2018
I bought this for a trip up to Aviemore, Scotland in the height of midge season and thank God that I did. There was millions of midges and a few of my friends were dependant on repellent that didn't seem to work. When you've got it on you can see perfectly normal but the important thing is, it keeps the wee buggers off you.
on 4 July 2013
I've been using this most days for the past few weeks on my damp, midgie infested land where in the evenings around trees, thick clouds of midgies are unbearable. This midgie net is a very fine mesh which can be a bit stuffy and isn't ideal for seeing through especially when it's getting dark - but that's the price you pay for a fine enough mesh to stop the wee bastards. I'm getting bites even under my clothes but this net does seem to completely protect my face and neck. For four pounds, it's a bargain and I'm now ordering a couple of spares.
3 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 August 2014
Works very well (used on trekking trip in County Kerry) and very light weight (including the packaging).

I've done a lot of trekking in midge country. I now use these on every trip. When you stop to set up camp in the evening, when the sun's going down and the midges wake up, just stick on one of these when putting up the tent and cooking. No need to apply more midge repellent to your already sticky sweaty - sore from slight sun burn - face, you just put this on and take it off when the midges die down again.
on 28 June 2012
I have to say amazin product, ran the Dirty 30 in Loch Alsh got back to the camp site and the Mighty Midge were out in force not one bite and my explorer hat "just like in the pic" fitted under it and the visibility was pretty good through the mesh. i have bought a few spare ones for my team for the West Highland Way..
14 people found this helpful
on 29 June 2016
The Pyramid Head Mosquito / Midge Nets I've received are not of the type ordered.
The product on your Amazon page lists and shows the following specifications:-
1. Fits over any headgear and gathers around the neck with adjustable cord
2. Packed in a mini stuff sac Stuff bag size: 10cm x 3cm
The ones supplied are open at both ends, i.e. not having a closed end as shown on the website items image. It requires fitting an all around brimmed hat.
It does not have a draw cord or stuff bag.
The quality is very poor.
A refund required please !
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 October 2015
This thing is amazing and, as i live and walk in Scotland, it frequently saves my face and allows me to stay out of the tent and to cook etc. I recommend wearing a baseball cap to keep the net off your face as the midges can bite through it if it's against your face. I discovered this after sleeping on the beach at Camasunary, Skye and awaking to find multiple bites. The net has been said to be a wee bit short but so am I ;-)
on 15 May 2014
Bought some of these last minute before travelling to Oz. I had read about flies being a nuisance in the red centre and luckily bought these in advance. It was a life saver putting it over our faces to keep the flies from crawling on our face. OK it might look stupid but it works and easily scrunches up and fits in a pocket when not in use. The only downside is your view is restricted as you look through the netting but its a small price to pay
on 5 September 2017
I bought this net for the West Highlands Way. Unfortunately, we walked it during the wettest August week in over 100 years, so the midges were all grounded for 95% of the time. On the one occasion I did have to use it, it proved effective.
on 1 July 2016
What was sent does say on the label 'Midge Mosquito Head Net", but nonetheless I could see at once, even without opening the pack, that the material is mosquito netting, with holes far too large to keep midges out. Useless! I'm asking for a refund.
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 17 August 2013
Purchased for my husband who is currently working in the mountains of Norway, where the bugs are driving him crazy. He was so impressed with this net that while he is home on leave he's lent his to a work mate and instructed me, yes that's right instructed me, to get another one of those net thingys as they are great. So I'm buying a second one from MDC Direct.
One person found this helpful