Who sang "One Dance Won't Do"? Was it Gwen Guthrie? Gonna have to do a search. Just thought of it while listening to "What One Dance Will Do" - Beres Hammond. (Track 22, Disc 1). I'm sure this is exactly the same backing as Gwen's recording, as far as I remember but it has completely different lyrics! I'm loving listening to this first album, got three more to go and just can't get enough. Here's a thought: Who out of the rest of you who bought this album pack have a track listing for each separate album on the back cover, but they're all titled "DISC 1"? I howled with laughter when I saw that. I actually did a search on the record label after noticing it to run a check on the album. Sanctuary Records started up in England. How cool is that! All these tracks, thankfully, are original cuts. I haven't felt so cheerful in ages. Reggae always puts me in a happy mood. Wish there was a record club of some kind on here to keep up with further compilation updates. This will always stand out as one of my favourite albums. I had some of these songs on vinyl, originally. (Yeah, I'm even old enough to remember crank up gramophones, so there;-) Lovely memories, incredibly pleased with my purchase. Keep 'em coming, Amazon. I'll be back for more of anything like this:)
on 5 October 2009
I have been looking for a while for a decent selection of great reggae songs and with this I finally found it! Have not stopped playing the 4 discs in my car and found it to be great feelgood music.
on 4 October 2009
This contains a very wide selection of hits from the ska to the dancehall eras, with the majority being well known tunes from in-between. Reggae fans will probably have many if not all of these tracks already, but for those who don't or who merely want a good introduction to many of the classic cuts between roughly the mid-sixties and mid-eighties, this compilation represents astonishing value for money.
on 8 August 2013
BRILLIANT! It does bring back memories of yesteryear very sad in a good way if that makes sense lol, music today can never achieve this but iIlet you know in 40 years time :) Highly recommend .....Great to boogie to when no one is looking! blush.......
on 9 June 2012
Being fans and owners of many Reggae albums, some of which now worn out over the years this seemed a great addition to our collection. We know all the tracks already offered which only confirmed this to be a good choice for anyone looking for a general mix of popular, well known and maybe not so well known tracks from the Reggae world.

Can't help but turn up the sound a little more and the foot starts to tap and before you know it you are doing your own version of the Reaggae dance! Perfect to listen to whether relaxing or wanting to get up and mvoe a little.
on 14 March 2013
hits of my youth in the discos around middlesbrough . play all these over and over again . best compilation of reggae songs i,ve ever heard or owned . cant help singing and dancing when they are playing . brings a smile to my face . excellent price too
on 17 June 2008
All the favourite gems that I loved from the late 60's are here. I can't think of anything missing from the days of Ben Shermans, braces, tonic trousers, Crombies and Doc Martens. A few I havn't heard for nearly 40 years! With so many tracks there has to be a few that are not going to be to your taste.

Some of the cover versions are a bit naff, although I found a few good, new to me, tracks that more than make up for them. So 'Tighten Up' all you old (original) skinheads and lovers of original Jamacian reggae buy this one, and any new to old fashioned reggae, even Amy Winehouse recorded Money Man. You will not be let down by this fine collection.
on 30 September 2014
I had to try several times to get hold of this album, but it is definitely worth the wait. A vast number of rare tracks that takes me right back to my teenage years. A "must have" for any Reggae enthusiast.
on 6 May 2011
The best reggae album ever, and I have a few, the memories it brings back are amazing, with some newer songs. If you are going to buy a reggae album make it this one!
on 2 December 2011
This set of 4 CD's is SUCH a bargain, and it's sooo worth the money! Really happy with this purchase, only bought it yesterday, and it came today! Such great feel good songs, will definatly be on constant replay in my car! It's not so much a load of reggae songs, some of them are just songs from different genres with a Jamacian spin, LOVE IT!!!!