Customer reviews

1,988

on 16 February 2016
This cartridge pack was a perfect combination and so much cheaper than stationary stores such as Staples. We usually purchase the HP21 + HP21 + HP22 - Ink Cartridge 3-Pack (SD400AE) as my Dad runs a business from home and we get through more black than colour but unfortunately they were out of stock.

Despite this twin pack still beating stationary stores on price, I would always go for the triple pack on Amazon instead purely because its a better deal and serves our purpose well.

I also only purchase the genuine HP cartridges as they are better quality than the generic versions (I ended up using more ink with generic cartridges as had to print on 'best print quality' to actually get proper colours!) so in the end, genuine HP products end up being better value for money :)
on 20 August 2015
Great price for these, was having trouble with my HP printer all in one, with the Asda print catridges, ie my scanner would not work, when changed back to the HP catridges it works great now, I gave this 4 stars as I hate being forced to buy more expensive catridges before the product would work.
on 13 June 2015
As expected, good quality product from HP. The prints in black are crisp and the ones in colour are bright. Well worth the extra expense. The price from Amazon is very competitive.
on 17 August 2013
The relatively high cost of these original cartridges is offset by the security that they will not let you down and will give you at least an approximation to the number of pages of print that appears on the packaging. The last 3 cartridges I bought for my venerable HP F380 printer, still going strong after 4 years, were all cheap substitutes, and they either didn't work, at all, or gave up the ghost after less than 50 pages. So I'm back to the manufacturer's product.

This one is still in use so I can't yet comment on its life, but it's producing the goods as far as print quality. I did notice that the packaging had a number of asian language writing on it, and specifically stated "Singapore" next to the expiry date. Whether it's produced for that market, or is just where it's sourced from, I don't know.
on 26 October 2014
Really disapointing. I assume the cartridge was faulty because no ink came out, despite going through all the cleaning tips. Incidentally, I do have an hp printer! So it wasn't an incompatability priblem. But, even more annoying, was the fact that Amazon wouldn't do anything about it because I had bought it just over their warranty period (i always keep one in hand).
Fortunately, HP have an excellent customer service division and sent me the equivalent replacement, promptly and courteously, but couldn't send a new XL cartridge for some reason. At the end of the day, this didn't work and I have no idea what was wrong, so I may not buy this particular product online again.
on 28 April 2015
I only print a couple of sheets a week but this cartridge has run out already (a months worth of printing) whereas, they usually last me about 6 months. I always buy HP so cannot understand this (it is not in a warm room or in the sun). Maybe it was stored in a warm place or had been hanging around a while before sale. Not a good deal and very unfortunate for me as I can't print out my lesson plan and handouts for class now. How has this happened again? Just three weeks worth this time - approximately 15 sheets! So upset, thought it was a one off last time and just cannot spend this much on printing ine every month.
on 28 August 2016
My employer used to pay for my ink cartridges, so there was no incentive to try out cheaper generics. The printer has worked well (apart from driver issues) for years, so now I feel obliged to stick to original equipment, whatever the cost. I shop around for the best deal I can and bite the bullet. Drop for drop, HP ink is more expensive than the best champagne!
on 28 August 2016
on 7 May 2016
This ink is for an old HP 2080 Which allways scans and prints lovely,and the ink lastes for a long time and luck that Amazon can get the ink I have worked out that these two ink cartridges are better than the new HP models and the Epsom rubbish that I bought recently I will be ordering some more of the HP 21 and HP 22 very soon if I could get another old HP 2020 series i would buy it
on 12 May 2013
I have tried refilled ink cartridges which have been quite successful, but like most folks believe that like the blurb say's "stick with manufacturers branded goods" to ensure a long trouble free life. But as a recent tv programme revealed, you can work it out for yourself, this ink is inc redible really only for one reason. And that is the price. For the tiny amount in millilitres it's around £4,000 per gallon. Or was it a pint?. Anyway, it is just about the most expensive liquid in the world, and we all need some, now and again.
As a purchase alongside the others available it's fine, and i'm happy.
BUT when will we stop being totally ripped off,on price, in truth even by the refilling companies.