on 6 June 2011
Bought this item a few weeks ago and got to work wrapping a raised veg planter with it. I put two layers of tape, one above the other with no gap in between as I've read on the web that the little slimy bu**ers can actually arch their bodies over a thin strip of copper. Hopefully now the amount of arching required will be too big even for the biggest slugs. Must say that so far the tape is doing the trick, no attacks from slugs or snails and I've got hundreds of the them in my garden.

The tape is super sticky so grips really well and is a doddle to put on. It even seems to repel ants, which are another headache for me. Only thing I would suggest really would be wider tape so that no doubling up would be required, but I guess it's easy enough to do yourself.

Very happy with it, would definitely buy more if needed. It clean, green and no nasty horrible chemicals around my veg :)
Largely seems to work: one potted clematis is thriving where last year it was eaten to the ground. The other clematis has been attacked once but only after two months. I've gotten quite obsessed by this fight! Have planted garlic nearby (they don't like it apparently) and regularly spread coffee grounds around the base of the pots. The tape itself goes on easily but it very thin so requires careful handling. Sticks well even to not necessarily the cleanest surfaces.
on 12 September 2016
Really pleased just how effective this is. I have a dogs water bowl in the garden that the slugs use as a spa, I seemed to be forever cleaning it and evicting the slugs. (I don't use slug pellets as it poisons hedgehogs and birds so have a fairly large population of the slugs and snails unfortunately). Any way, since putting this tape round the bowl, it's not had any slugs or snails in it, none! I thought it might be a bit of a deterrent but am happily surprised at how effective the tape has been.
on 14 May 2014
disappointing- didn't work for me. Actually watched a slug leisurely slither across the tape. so back to the drawing board...
on 18 May 2017
Just apply the copper tape around planters to stop emails and slugs entering and destroying the plant leaves. It works very well and better than using slug pellets.
on 26 July 2012
I have literly just seen a slug go right over the tape, it didn't bother or deter it at all.....complete waste of money!
on 12 August 2011
Needed this tape as have too many slugs and snails creeping on to the flowers
and small trees I am bringing along. Works a treat and does not do any harm
to the wee pests. Next door's garden gets the brunt so you may have another
customer soon.
on 18 August 2013
To test this product, I stuck a strip of tape in the path of a slug which was moving along my kitchen floor. Result: The slug glided straight across the tape as if it wasn't there. Didn't even slow it down. Either that was an unusually tough slug, or the tape is useless. Wouldn't trust it as far as I can throw it.
on 26 May 2017
Perfect. This should stop the little perished!
on 11 April 2017
Seems to work not sticky enough