VINE VOICEon 30 August 2012
Sony Ericsson K800i Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black

At around £80 the K800i is a great buy for anyone who wants a phone/camera/mp3 player that can download emails and occasionally surf the web. It is not an all bells and whistles smartphone, so if that's what you're looking for you won't find the answer here.

What it does have is:-
1) a brilliant inbuilt aerial that picks up a signal almost anywhere
2) a super quality 3.2 megapixel camera with a flash capability (it was one of the first phones to offer such resolution)
3) it has amazing portability because it is incredibly small and light
4) it has a really impressive battery life
5) it has comprehensive, simple to use and understand functions
6) it comes with very good software for backing up, transferring files etc.
7) the bluetooth works with every in-car hands free device I have ever owned

This is the third one I have owned, having tried a whole raft of alternatives and I am not a bit surprised that it still sells so long after it was introduced. For a phone to compete well in today's highly competitive mobile phone marketplace it has to have something special. To be still competing a decade after it was created, is frankly astounding.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 February 2012
I purchased this solid looking mobile phone for my son who somehow manages to break every phone he owns. The first one he sat on and cracked the screen and case, the second ended in the river, the third in the washing machine and the fourth was smashed to bits when he fell off his bike ... so here we are now with the Sony Ericsson K800i.

This mobile phone can take any network sim card and both my son and I are extremely impressed by the functions available for the price including:

3G phone
3.2mp Camera with autofocus
Music player
Video
Radio
Bluetooth

The 3G phone allows for mobile web browsing, photo blogging, push email, downloading multimedia content and video calling. The camera also has a great Xenon flash, image and video stabiliser function and BestPic. Phone memory is 64MB but also supports a memory card up to 2GB.

The Sony Ericsson K800i is easy to use, my son transfered his music collection easily from his laptop to his mobile (memory card purchased for this) and playback quality is pretty good. Also tried the camera and was pleased with the pictures taken and uploaded to PC. My son easily took a video clip of our parrot dancing ... YouTube material :)

All in all, a great phone at a great price.
on 21 February 2012
I wanted a simple to use phone to make calls, occasional text, a decent camera, a music centre and to get the football scores and results and that's it! This phone does it well. I replaced my old one (same model) because the camera kept playing up and refusing to take photos, it was second hand when I had it and well used but it was and has been good. So I was pleased that I could still buy this phone new. I've added a 16G chip and I can store all my music on it with the excellent quality of Sony and an old pair of Walkman headphones, the ones they supply are good but I prefer my old Walkman ones. I don't want more. I don't need to be in contact with the internet and e-mails all the time so why buy a more modern phone at a huge price increase. No problems with the phone all works a treat. If I get a few years out of it I'll be happy. Some comments have been made that they are like a brick! Smallest brick I've ever seen might not be credit card size but it's small enough with easy to use keys and a clear enough screen. Good phone.
5 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2012
I bought the predecessor to this model 4 years ago and it was finally beginning to fray at the edges. Initially I replaced it with a touchscreen phone which quickly drove me mad. I then found there were still some of these around. If what you mainly use a mobile for is phoning and texting and if you want the facility of taking reasonable photos at all times this is the phone for you. I'm a keen photographer with a digital SLR and a quality compact for travel but I don't carry either all the time and this is a good back up. The lens cover, complained about by some reviewers, is a great feature because it covers and protects the lens! Other good features are the menu system, which is easy to use, and the facility to expand the memory. Ok it is a bit of a brick but I love it
8 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 February 2013
This is a great phone if you dont want something to modern, it is easy to use , not to big and ugly, quick to set up and the camera is very good, i have printed photos taken with this and for a 6x4 photo they are very clear, i have even used the self timer, but do make sure that the phone is somewhere safe and it is not windy otherwise it could be blown over and damaged.
I have sent photos to family / friends which is easy to do.
And used mobile internet for checking weather , getting ringtones, finding post codes to put into satnav, etc all of which were easy to do and though not as quick as a modern wifi set up phone it was a reasonable speed and good enough.
on 17 October 2013
This has got to be the best all time mobile ever made. After having a new blackberry when my first K800i died after having that when it first came out I thought I was up with technology - how wrong! I was soon back to this K800i - the keys are better, the photos are brilliant and its just so easy to use even my nan can use it! Just got to watch it doesn't connect to the internet when I'm not looking but hey ho I cant have everything!
on 15 May 2014
I bought this as a replacement to my original beloved K800i, which had been chewed by the dog- who was obviously trying to call me.(dog suffered no ill effects since he cunningly chewed through the on/off button, turning the phone off, before dismantling it). The new phone is perfect. Only difference from original made in China is, this is made in Malaysia and M2 port is fractionally smaller.I can live with this since everything else works exactly like original. I am so relieved to have my K800i back. I have tried various other "up to date " phones". Forget it- this one is still the best all rounder available.Seller: prompt and effective sale.Thank you.
on 14 December 2013
I am still searching for the model of mobile 'phone that will see me to my grave. I have been using the K800i for the last five years and it is one of the great 'phones of the last decade (I am always slightly out-of-date.)
I am not planning to 'go' just yet; but I would be proud to die with my K800i in my hand.
It synchronises with my Outlook Address Book, using PC Companion.
What more could I wish for?
on 2 March 2013
I needed to replace my old phone quickly and could only afford to buy a cheap replacement, a phone without any thrills but does the job. Very pleased with the realiable delivery service and the great price the phone was sold for
on 10 April 2013
Great phone, great price - only downside is that it took a while to source a Micro M2 memory card for it but AZ Phone Shop (Amazon) came to the rescue.
And it has blanked out once with a white screen - hope it was a one off blip as only had the phone for 2 months so far.

We'll see.