on 18 June 2015
Reviewed this great lamp before but DO NOT run it on UK unleaded - it will die! Use Shell V Power fuel instead and it will work brilliantly. Our normal unleaded has ethanol and other crap in it which bungs up the generater. V Power does not and it will run eight to ten hours on half a litre of this fuel. Coleman fuel is over the top price wise and not much better than UK unleaded. Great lamp but use the right fuel and it will go for years!
18 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 18 October 2016
I absolutely love my lantern. It throws out a surprisingly bright and pleasing glow and means on warm spring/early autumn evenings, I can stay outside for longer and be able to see where I left my glass. It takes a bit of getting used to when it comes to priming and lighting it, but you can't beat it for that cozy feel around the table. I hadn't used one of these since camping trips as a kid but now it's familiar again, it's a doddle. Also has the advantage of using normal petrol if you don't want to buy the manufacturer's multi fuel, although I've found the multi fuel seems to burn slightly cleaner on lighting, however it won't do any harm.

It's a quality made piece of kit, and if you want something a little more intimate than a battery powered lantern, yet much brighter than candles or storm lanterns, this is well worthy of consideration.

Please hit "Yes" below if you found this review helpful. Thanks!
6 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2015
The item purchased was very satisfactory and was easy to light up with proper instructions with diagrams. It is relatively a small unit compared to the Petromax which was a bit bulky, although was much brighter than the Colman Single Mantle Lantern I purchased. Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Suresh
on 5 September 2017
Well built. Easy to set up. Beautiful to look at. Louder than a gas lamp and lets off more of a smell so probably not suited to confined tents but I love it.
on 7 January 2016
Already have one of these this one is for my Son In Laws birthday as he's been after one for ages. Came very quickly and he'll want to go camping as soon as he can.
on 25 December 2014
I am used to Vapalux and Tilley parrafin lamps and love their high quality so was disappointed with how tacky this feels. Starts fairly easily and having only one mantle compared to other Coleman lamps is a bonus in my opinion. Will certainly sell this on and stick with the older paraffin models.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 December 2013
this lamp seems to work well but I would not light it indoors as unlike a pressure paraffin lamp if lit properly lit it does flare when first lit it will then settle to a good light
on 25 March 2016
very good
on 21 June 2014
the lamp itself is sturdy and well made will comment on how bright when i get it going the first 2 mantels blew up ordered new ones amazon 3 weeks ago and still not recieved
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 14 August 2013
Bought two for a summer Scout camp. Both worked well, good full consumption and provide good quality light. Spare mantle and fuelling funnel with each lantern and comprehensive instructions.