Customer reviews

The Very Best Of Booker T. & The MG's
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 May 2016
well what a selection this is, I have been looking for the track Time is Tight for sometime now and it is on this cd, along with Green Onions and soul limbo and many more. for less that a fiver aswell. takes me back to my youth, the good times listening to great music like this. this is one of the best greatest hits cd of Booker T and the MG's you will find. love it.
on 25 May 2012
certainly in my opinion. Opens [of course] with the sublime "Green Onions" and closes with the magnificent full-length version of "Melting Pot". Interesting to also realize - seeing the release date for each track in chronological sequence - that Booker T & the MGs classic recording period spans an almost identical period [1962-1971] to that of The Beatles.
on 11 April 2014
Booker T & The MGs always were to me an under-estimated band in the Stax stable, but this album just demonstrates how multi-talented as a group and individual musicians they are. If you have not listened to their music, try this album and enjoy.
on 25 June 2013
We love this CD and cannot stop playing it in our car or at home,we remember some of the pieces but really enjoy all the tracks on this CD.
So young or old,send for this CD I'm sure you will not be disappointed
on 14 May 2017
disappointed. not the very best and some tracks not the singles recordings. atleast soulclap 69 was the original version
on 10 July 2013
I have been a fan of Booker T and the MG's for years. I have wanted a greatest hits album and this has them all. It arrived on time and in good condition.
on 13 May 2016
Excellent value
on 2 July 2011
Before I bought this I didn't appreciate the subtle soulfulness or the full reach of Booker T's output. There are some lovely gems in this compilation and a fair few advertising memory joggers.I drove to London and back on this CD and now I can never cope with the M25 in rush hour pouring rain without the rhythmic comfort it provides. Music for safe lane changes and release from chaos.
on 17 September 2011
Now let me first say that any album of Booker T can't be bad, and this is no exception. Almost all the classics are there, and there are so many that with 20 tracks some will ultimately be missed.

My one gripe is with one classic that IS included. 'Time is Tight' sounds nothing like I remember, or have on other albums. It's harsh and played at breakneck speed. Almost like it's been recorded too fast by accident. It reminds me of the song 'Banana Splits' by the Dickies in the 70s. Maybe it's a different or live recording, but it sounds nothing like Booker T and the MGs to me. Maybe someone can enlighten me on it?

As it's the main track I got it for I was quite disappointed, but the album is worth the money. It's just a shame about that one track. :(
33 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2012
Very good album, classic soul brilliant version of Time Is Tight. Booker T were always the bedrock of real soul music and deserved more success in UK.