Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 August 2009
This instrumental CD is typical of the music played in the clubs and later discos of the 60s and 70s.
Recently 'Green Onions' has featured in a Birds Eye TV advert and Soul Limbo well known as the Cricket theme.
Good music probably considered dated and cheesey by today's standards but still atmospheric and full of soul and worthy of the definition 'classic'.
VINE VOICEon 28 January 2012
I only bought this CD for the obvious tracks but soon realised there's far more to Booker T than just "Green Onions"and "Soul Limbo".Stand out other tracks (from the 20 on the CD)include a very soul jazzy version of George Harrisons "Something" and an interesting soul version of "Mrs Robinson".Try playing it very loud in the car,very good stereo sound,you will not be dissapointed.
on 19 August 2013
Brilliant collection from a brilliant band. This is one CD I can't see coming out of the car for a long time yet!
on 2 July 2011
Before I bought this I didn't appreciate the subtle soulfulness or the full reach of Booker T's output. There are some lovely gems in this compilation and a fair few advertising memory joggers.I drove to London and back on this CD and now I can never cope with the M25 in rush hour pouring rain without the rhythmic comfort it provides. Music for safe lane changes and release from chaos.
on 16 October 2009
Heard these guys at a festival on tv one night....remembered how good they were and ordered immediately the following day.I was not disappointed. How good to hear them again after so many years.Touch of class...such great memories and good music.
on 30 May 2010
This will bring vivd memories of what was truly enjoyable for those who were there and regrets for those who were either not old enough or not born and missed the era when these artists performed
on 13 March 2013
CD arrived promptly and in perfect condition. The music took me back to my youth!!
Super,terrific,fantastic,wonderful,fabulous!!!!
What a fine compact disc.
on 25 August 2012
For anyone who is a fan of Booker T and the MGs, this is a must buy. It never fails to cheer us up, especially the 'Cricket theme' which reminds us of summer
on 19 February 2013
I GOT THIS CD MAINLY FOR SOUL LIMBO
BECAUSE IT USED BE THE THEME MUSIC
FOR THE TEST MATCH ON THE RADIO
A PRIOR
on 14 January 2016
Real bit of deja vu for me. Owned the original Green Onions back in the 60s.
Enjoyed re-hearing this music.