Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey 2273 g Milk Chocolate Protein Shake Powder
Style: Powder|Flavour: Extreme Milk Chocolate|Size: 2.27kg|Change

on 30 December 2017
I use extreme chocolate variety, very tasty, after a full weight/cardio training it is great to get the protein in asap as usually starving and this does then stop you grabbing a chocolate bar or anything sweet.
on 16 April 2018
I take this protein powder mixed with full fat milk (tastes totally fine to me with milk or water) about 30-45 mins before a work out and I have noticed that I feel stronger towards the end of the workout- particularly where I am doing double classes. I am not sure if that's a placebo effect or not BUT if it's keeping me doing the reps then it's good news regardless. If I feel like I have really worked hard then I will make up another shake after the workout too.

I decided to buy this product because I was aching doing various classes through the week (5-6 classes in the evening normally) Although I would prefer to get my nutrition bang on through food, this protein powder does appear to be having a positive effect. I will reorder once I have used it all so I guess that's the most positive endorsement that I can give.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 April 2017
Really great product and worth the money. Very strong butterscotch vanilla flavour and add this to post workout smoothies for a really rich taste that delivers a protein kick.
on 24 September 2017
I like this protein drink, it works well for me. I am not a body builder but I do exercise quite a bit. As I don't eat huge amounts of meat this just tops up my protein nicely as well as being a yummy milkshake (totally delicious with full fat milk but very naughty!!).
Arrived promptly, well packaged and good value for money
on 15 December 2017
Good creamy peanut chocolate flavour. Mixes well and haven't come across another brand which tastes this good for the low amount of carbs and high protein content included.

Also, for once...... the tub is almost full rather than it being a half empty tub, twice the sixe that's needed!
on 10 September 2017
I've had the extreme milk chocolate and double rich chocolate flavour, both taste great. I usually mix with just cold water, adding a bit of milk gives more smoothness.

The reason I went for Optimum Nutrition is based on research about the contents of various brands and this one came up very high in terms of value and content. I plan to continue using this brand.

Pros:
- Easy to mix, just takes a few shakes and is very smooth
- Tastes good

Cons:
- None
on 5 December 2017
Arrived today so can't wait for my biceps to start bursting out of my shirt. At at my age 75 ,I seriously think it's got it's work cut out ! But watch this space !!! No seriously folks,just hoping it gives me a little more energy. Delivery good.
on 17 August 2017
I've not tried other protein brands so I don't know how to compare but I have the chocolate mint powder and I love the taste wit skimmed milk and it dissolves alright as long as you have one of those protein bottles because if you shake it on it's own it clumps up. I am a vegetarian so it helps get protein in for building muscle
on 12 September 2017
Order product was boxed up well but upon opening the item found that the internal seal on top was broken and powder was leaking out.
on 14 December 2017
After testing several other brands, decided to stick with this one. Taste is good (also good variety to choose from) and works as it should. Completely happy about this product and recommend it.