Customer reviews

Blue Banyan Zafu Meditation Cushion (Organic Buckwheat) Zen Black
Colour: Zen Black|Change

on 30 September 2011
It's a great product - comfortable and just the right size. It does the job perfectly. It totally changed my meditation experience from painful to almost pleasant ;-)
on 15 February 2012
I have been using one of these for nearly a year. Because they are not that high (about 4 inches), I have been placing it on top of a larger foam cushion to gain the extra height to make it comfortable on the legs. Anyway, that arrangement has been less than satisfactory because its not very stable. So I ordered a second one and yes, it is now stable. Another reviewer said its like being sat on sand and I concur. This means the cushion shapes itself to the shape of your rear. This is a good thing because it is important to be stable and solidly positioned when sitting.

Some sites suggest that you only need one cushion unless you are tall. Well its not just about how tall you are, its about how long your legs are and how flexible your joints are. For those of us westerners who are not trained to sit cross legged on the floor from a young age and/or who are not very flexible in the joints, it is better to be higher off the floor. For reduced strain on joints, comfort and unrestricted circulation during longer sessions, your knees need to be well below your hips (thighs sloping downward). So if you feel you need a second cushion, then get one.
on 4 April 2015
My bottom has been sat on this cushion now for over a year so it's about time for a review. Good size, comfortable and little sagging. But enough about my bottom - the cushion is excellent too. It too is a good size, is comfortable, and is still as firm as ever after a year plus of 30 minute meditation sits. Well worth the £30 I paid. Only one quibble - it hasn't lead to my utter and complete enlightenment yet. Surely this is due to failings in this meditation cushion.
on 8 December 2015
Very comfortable indeed. I don't know why I bothered "improvising" meditation cushions and supports of other kinds over many years when this inexpensive product could have me sitting balanced and rock solid. In fact, sitting on it has become a pleasure in its own right.

Four stars only as the cover cannot be removed for washing - but this zafu is still very good value considering the price.
on 17 August 2013
Comfortable and well made, it was received with real appreciation by my daughter who has practised yoga for many years.
on 1 May 2013
I could not decide whether to have a stool (with cushion) or just the cushion. I am so pleased I chose this - it's firm and supportive, easy to carry around and unobtrusive wherever you have used it.It does just what its descripition says it will..
on 27 September 2011
Great product, I am able to sit for a significantly longer period using this cusion. It's comfy and supportive. Delivery was reasonably quick also.
on 15 August 2014
This is great for posture and is comfortable to sit on for long periods of time.
The down side is that there is no inner liner for the buckwheat so you can't wash the cover.
on 6 September 2013
It was what it said it was and was cheap and arrived on time. I use it regularly, but the buckwheat filling is a tad hard on the bottom. I put a little lambs wool on top.
on 23 July 2013
The cushion is fine but not quite what we hoped for. Sitting on it for a while leaves me with pins and needles in my legs. Think a meditation stool would suit me better.