Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 April 2017
I bought this as I like Enrique and this was cheap. Couple of good songs but wouldn't rave about it. I have the extended edition off Sex and Love and it's superb. If you aren't looking for his most recent and most fantastic songs then this is a reasonable purchase.
on 8 September 2017
great cd
on 30 July 2017
Great Artist and CD, Had excellent tunes and was nice to listen to.
on 18 June 2007
His eighth studio album and yet again Enrique delivers top songs that showcase his beautiful voice. There's the up-tempo Do You Know/Dimelo, Tired Of Being Sorry/Amigo Vulnerable which I think deserves to be a single and the rock of Sweet Isabel. Push is an interesting experiment into hip-hop which certainly works as a one-off, although I'm not sure I'd like a whole album like that. Then of course you have the gorgeous, delicate ballads that his voice just seems made for, songs like Somebody's Me/Alguien Soy Yo, Little Girl and Don't You Forget About Me. Stay Here Tonight is also a favourite and the remix of Hero is seriously cool!!

I've been playing the album since I brought it home this morning and I honestly can say I like all the songs on it. A must-buy for Enrique fans.
VINE VOICEon 10 June 2007
The reason I said smooth, is mainly because Enrique,
or his production team, has quickly realised the success
of slow R&B on the market at the moment,
and they made this album significantly following that stream.

It doesn't mean a bad thing, but doesn't surprise me either.
However there're still lots of nice songs you can enjoy for this hot summer.
I came to term with similar tunes like Nelly Furtado
in Say it right, or Ne-Yo, Rihanna for example.

Although this album is a little too sad for me,
I guess it because of the name Insomniac so
you're supposed to hear it at night time, perhaps?
Still, it is a very good one. Very sexy, sensual, smooth and
Listening to it made me feel like having
a galss of lemonade on a summer night. :P

Anyway, Die hard fans should definitely get it,
or if you like some electronic sound mixing with R&B drum and beat,
this is surely the chilled drink for you over the summer!

Choice cuts: Ring my bell, On top of you,
Wish I was your lover and Little girl.
on 13 December 2007
This album is, as my title suggests, aimed at the younger generation as the songs "Do you know", "Little girl" and "On top of you" seem have been made to fit a younger generation who like good beats, catchy tunes and simple lyrics. The majority of the songs on this album fit to the genres of hip-hop, bit rocky, RnB. And thats what will keep his older fans who were used to his oldies such as "Hero", away from this album as there are no "Hero" songs on this album. Its not that Enrique has forgotten how he used to sound, but the fact that music is changing nowadays, and what was popular 5 years ago is not as good today.
on 20 July 2007
I can't get enough of Enrique Iglesias's sound. As far as I'm concerned, he can do no wrong!

Love his latest offering and really enjoy all the extras in Spanish. Having said that, I think the dance version of Not In Love was an extra too far...lose half a point for that as it's the epitome of a stuck record, in parts. Not everyone's perfect, not even Enrique. ;-)

Don't let that put you off though, overall this a great album, with a fantastic summer sound with something for everyone.
on 28 June 2007
Don't get me wrong this is a corker of an album. Well worth buying. But as one of my fellow reviewers pointed out, it's just a little too sad. Enrique's songs are often tinged with saddness and lonliness, but this album seems to focus on those themes constantly. He always has a hauntingly lonely look in his eyes...prehaps it's just consuming him. Either way this is not an album to listen to if you want to be cheered up, or if you're on the verge of suicide. Like i say it is good music, i just wish he would show that lovely smile a bit more!
on 28 November 2012
I bought this album after owning all his others for quite a while, however looking at the song list it's an album that has so many hits on, I'm shocked I didn't buy it when the singles were released off of it. There's even a remix of Hero.
on 17 April 2011
I love enrique and would've loved to be at one of his concerts this year, but it was'nt to be, so i have to listen instead, i am now looking for a video of his o2 concert, or any video really of him. Do you have any suggestions?