on 19 July 2007
Despite protestations to the contrary this idea is not new. The first night light I had of this type was in the US in the sixties manufactured by Sylvania. I looked for years to find a similar type in the UK (110v obviously will not work in the UK) and I found the Moon Light some time ago.
Delighted to find them available again and despite the initial price the light is very soothing and will last a life time. It is one of the best electrical products I have purchased and would recommend it above any products with lamps in them. It fits flush to the wall and costs nearly nothing to run but illuminates well enough to allow someone to walk through the home without turning on all the main lights to see where you are going. (Assuming you have sufficient sockets). The kids like them in the bedroom. The only improvement would be if they made a violet one as the color is even more soothing. A++++ product.
0Comment| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2008
Needed a night light for my 3 year olds bedroom and this works great. Not too bright and doesn't get warm. Wanted a plain looking one so that she wouldn't want to play with the socket. Also very efficient!!! No complaints at all.
VINE VOICEon 24 June 2008
With the arrival of our first baby I bought two moonlights to allow us to feed her at night without waking her too much.
Works a treat, just the right amount of light, looks smart etc. Great product.
Only gripe would be that it doesn't have its own switch (you have to use the one on the plug socket) so you can't plug it into a shared adaptor without leaving it on all the time.
on 17 November 2008
This product looks good - simple and streamlined, and does the job. However, as another reviewer has already mentioned, the glow it gives off is bright green - not even a hint of blue! When I first plugged it in it reminded me more of a spooky green haunted house type of light!

Aside from the colour, the glow it gives off is not too bright and after a night of it being plugged in it does not get hot to the touch which is great. I would recommend this item as long as you are happy with the light being green rather than blue.

Edit to this review in 2011 - since I wrote my review I have noticed that the picture and description of this light have been changed to state that it is green, not blue. Therefore my review seems quite outdated now!
33 comments| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 October 2010
Despite the negative reviews about this product's reliability, my wife and I gave it the benefit of the doubt. We were initially very pleased with our purchase; however after less than 4 weeks the light stopped working. I would not recommend this product until the manufacturer improves the design's reliability.
on 21 May 2009
Brilliant Buy - Use it on my landing for my two children who do not like to sleep in total darkness and there is plenty of light to find your way to the bathroom. The reason why it is a green light is that this colour is easy on the eye as other colours tend to glare - not what you want when you are still half asleep. Order arrived next day even though estimate was 6-9 days - Thanks EcoHamster.
on 1 January 2011
Very impressed with this product. We bought it to go in our bedroom following the birth of our son. It gives out just enough light to be able to see that he's ok, without being bright enough to stop us sleeping. The light it gives off is green, but very gentle and calming. It doesn't get warm at all, even when its been on all night. Highly recommended.

UPDATE - just a couple of weeks after adding this review, the light broke. Switched it on, it made an odd noise and is now dead. It lasted about 10 weeks. Was great when it worked, but just didn't last. Seems from the other reviews that this is frequent problem, so I definitely wouldn't buy another.
on 28 February 2009
A Green Glow is what this gives off, not to intrusive or bright and yet there is enough light to see by, so long as the light isn't in the persons direct line of sight it would be fine to get to sleep with this on, i have it in a hallway and it more than lights the way at night. All in all a good product that does exactly as advertised.
on 30 January 2013
Got several of these three years ago. Of those I personally used 4. The first 3 lasted on average 4 months each. The last one I used lasted about two years. The difference? All three of the failures (1 star for them) seem to have failed because I was constantly turning them off and on at the power switch when I didn't need the light. The last one I used I tried leaving it on permanently, all day, and hey presto, it lasted. Not a conclusive test but I am convinced this is why it lasted. Note - the ones I got were the green light ones. The long lasting one has just blown so I will now try out one of the blue ones! - UPDATED - of the two new blue ones, one went out after only two weeks, which is completely unnacceptable, even using my patented always on method, so am downgrading the rating - That's only ONE good laster out of 6 so far, with only one still working to redeem themselves, will drag the review up to 2 stars if it lasts 2 years and 3 if it lasts 4!. Am returning this latest failure for a refund.
on 15 July 2010
What a disappointment.

The good: a seemingly nicely designed slim nightlight with a strong pleasant green glow. I liked it so much i bought 3 more!

The bad: truly terrible reliability. Of the 4 i've bought, 3 have died, 1 within 2 weeks, the others within a couple of months. I fully expect the other one to follow suit shortly. The quoted figure of 26000 hours average use appears to be either a jest, or more likely deliberately misleading. By my reckoning that should mean that you should be able to leave one of these on permanently and expect it to last the best part of 3 years. No.

What really irks about this, is the fact that this product blatantly uses the "eco", energy-saving label to sell itself. The amount of energy wasted in producing, packaging and distributing such a short lived product must surely dwarf the amount one could hope to save through it's lower power consumption. This product is surely a false economy, both in terms of cost to the consumer, and energy and natural resource wastage. A con essentially. Perhaps unintentional? I beg the manufacturers think again, and instead design and make something that will actually last. That's the only way to actually be credibly "eco-friendly".

See one answered question