on 16 February 2018
There no doubt that this album is one of the Foo’s finest works with songs such as ‘My Hero’ ‘Everlong’ ‘Monkey wrench’ ‘Hey, Johnny park!’ and ‘up in arms’ being my favourites. A worthwhile purchase for any foo fighters fan that also has the added benefit of Bob Ludwig’s fine mastering for vinyl.
on 18 January 2018
This is a great offering by the Foo Fighters and a must for any fan of hard rock music.
I bought this as it contains 2 of my favourite songs namely "My Hero" and "Everlong"
Essential listening
on 11 March 2017
Being rock and metal fan for 26 eara, recently tried the Foo Fighters music properly recently after seeing some of their music video's over the years. And surprised how good their music is, and this is coming from diverse music fan who likes Iron Maiden, Ac/Dc, Europe, Whitesnake etc.
on 24 March 2014
Even though this are not Foo Fighters first album, it is the first album by them which has the typical Foo Fighters sound and melody. The first album sounds like Foo Fighters but more grunge than they usually play now. The first album they tried to find their sound, and on Color & The Shape they found it.

My absolute favorite Foo Fighters song of all time is "Hey, Johnny Park", so that was a huge reason why i bought this album.
But it also features some other favorites which are great such as "Up in Arms" and "February Stars", which both starts soft but has a very powerful and emotional endings.
It also features the popular songs "Everlong", "Monkey Wrench" and "My Hero"

The only thing that made me a little sad was that this is a remaster. If you read the fine print in the description you can see that it says "2011" which was the year it was remastered. I'm not sure of how high quality the original was made, but my "Wasting Light" album on Vinyl sounds way better, but they may have had more expensive equipment for that album.

I still give it 5 stars even though it was a remaster, because the songs are goddamn great and probably my favorite album of all time.
on 6 July 2011
IMHO, this is the best Foo's album.
From the mellow Doll straight into Monkey Wrench, this album is a mix of nice, acoustic tunes with a few "jump up and down like an idiot" ones thrown in.

Hey Johnny Park has to be my favourite and this album(along with all the other Foo Fighters ones) is now a permanent fixture in my car stereo but this and Wasting Light are the ones
I play mostly.

I did have this on iTunes but a computer problem meant I lost my iTunes and my downloaded albums so I decided MP3 download was better.
That way, I can manage it the way I want(after all, I paid for it)
on 3 November 2012
colour and the shape is the second Foo fighters album and it has Everlong and Monkey Wrench on it two of the best known foo fighters songs. The whole album is filled with solid singalong rock songs. lots of muddy guitar and bashing drums. Shouty, screaming Loud harsh and also soft vocals and extreme energy excellent album I really like ti though if listening to all the way through it can be a little bit samey as with all the foo fighters albums but not really anything else bad too say.
on 23 July 2006
This can easily be classed as one of the Foo's best albums. It has some brilliant tracks, 'Monkey Wrench', 'My hero' and the anthem 'Everlong', which are all simply outstanding. The whole album is superb though, very uplifting and just great rock, perfect for those summer days out. This is a great place to start if you're new to the foo's and an excellent addition for any existing foo fans, a must have album!

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 31 July 2017
Classic Foo Fighters. Some really good songs on this album. Comes on two records.
on 15 February 2018