on 13 November 2007
Superb service from Amazon once again. paid extra to arrive next day and my mum is absolutely thrilled (early Xmas pressie). The DVD recorder is a nice black colour and was so easy to set up compared to many others we have had. I literally connected it up to mums digital LCD using a scart and one RF lead and it automatically installed straight away. Amazing! no tuning required. picture quality from recorded items is superb. I would recommend this unit for anyone, but my mum is so used to using a VCR that it was perfect for her. has all the bells and whistles for digital TV, but she can still use her old Video tapes (as well as DVD when she gets round to it). Perfect combination of old and new!
0Comment| 113 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2017
I bought this to replace my Mothers DVD/VIDEO player and it turned out to be the same except in black! Very pleased about that, easy to use, good value for money and smart looking, would definitely recommend.
on 20 September 2017
Loving this machine, but I have yet to put a Video in it. Odd really since I bought it to save some old home movies. Problem is, I haven't sorted out what discs I need to do my recordings.
on 9 October 2017
Grand
on 17 May 2017
excellent service loved Panasonic dvd recorder will recommend to other buyers
on 13 November 2007
When you take receipt of this item you will find enclosed quite a large Instruction Manual. I am definately a Non Techie person but followed the set up instructions and had no problem connecting to my TV Via a Digital TV box. Be patient when software downloads this is a lengthy process but well worth the wait, and it worked well alongside my Top Up TV receiver.
I then played with the remote - without the rule book - and soon got a handle on the basic operations.
Now I am in the process of finding out about all the things that this DMR-EZ47VEB. I have to say it is mind blowing and as yet cannot comment on the advanced options.
It is an excellent peice of equipment - just dont be put off by the manual.
on 24 November 2007
Unpacked, plugged in - it does tuning and the clock automatically - great.
Then took hours to work out why Sky wouldn't work through the unit. Cos the instructions weren't quite right is why!!
My advice is by one of those new single cables, and chuck the scarts out.
Anyway, after sorting that, the thing goes like a train and I love it!!
Recorded my first dvd last night. :-) My first Panasonic buy, and it's great!
44 Comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2017
Good packing, and note to say give it 24 hours before plugging in. I mainly use the video to put family videos on to laptop. Very happy with everything with the Panasonic.

Had a Panasonic Video Recorder (Use to put Subtitles on to video tape) before and it lasted a long time.
on 6 January 2008
Everything works as specified but...

1. DVD drive is noisy when playing and recording, I can sometimes hear the motor noise over quiet parts in a film which is annoying.
2. The layer change pause on purchased films is very long, much worse than my older Sony DVD player.
3. On screen menus and graphics are not consistent between all features, it appears Panasonic have thrown together the software from some of their other products into this box.
4. The DTT guide has no search.
5. Remote control could be simpler, several buttons have very similar functions.
on 8 April 2008
I purchased this machine yesterday to replace the older model of the same, bought just 2 years ago. As with the previous machine, this one does not like older or more used VHS tapes, causing the picture to 'bend' and flicker, and sometimes drop out altogether. On the old machine, it had seemed ot be a developing fault with no cure - part of the reason for replacement. However, the same tapes play perfectly welll on a 10 year old Sharp VHS machine. I consulted the manufacturer who basically said I shouldn't play old tapes on their shiny new machine if I don't want these problems. I work in TV, and the BBC and Channel 4 still have enormous numbers of old VHS tapes in their libraries, so I have no option but to return this machine today, and buy a newer second hand VHS player and a decent separate DVD recorder to replace it. The remote control is also overcrowded and fussy as has been previously pointed out. Sadly, I cannot recommend this machine to anyone wishing to transfer their aging VHS collection to DVD.
11 Comment| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse