Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now

on 19 March 2016
As a reader of the Dexter series of books I was intrigue as to how true the TVs series was to the books. Pleasantly surprised.
on 13 November 2010
Another wonderful American series.

No instance gratification, intense build-up and eventual addiction.

An Amazing Show.
on 16 January 2013
I found this compulsive viewing, and will go on to the next series. I thought that the sub-titles were of great help to me.
on 17 September 2014
Arrived promptly and works perfectly.

A great series for thriller fans. Dexter truly is an "Anti-Hero".
on 15 April 2013
Excellent - very clever, funny with lots of twists - totally addictive

My advice - don't just buy season 1!
on 19 July 2015
I really enjoyed this series. The cast is superb, and the humour involved within in it makes it a top notch series.
on 14 February 2013
I am happy with this purchase, the DVD was of good quality looks new, and it arrived much quicker than expected
on 4 November 2015
Although not exactly true to the books, the DVDs are very entertaining and I will probably send for some more.
on 25 March 2013
Dexter was recommended to me by a friend and I am absolutely hooked by it. Series 2 to be purchased soon.
on 16 October 2010
A drama involving a sympathetic serial killer who only kills "bad people" sounded to me a pretty lame or a pretty sick idea; however, enough people recommended "Dexter" to me for me to check it out.

As I anticipated, realism is not the series' strong point. We're expected to believe that witnessing a traumatic event can turn someone into a serial killer (in reality, it's more likely to induce post-traumatic stress disorder). Dexter's anger is implied to be based on a righteous desire for revenge, yet at the same time Dexter tells us again and again that he has "no feelings". So what is he: moral crusader or monstrous sadist? Is he intriguingly ambiguous - or just the unconvincing result of a contrived narrative concept?

The series coyly shies away from showing Dexter's murders in gory detail: to do so, of course, would make him seem a lot less cuddly. I couldn't decide if the viewer is manipulated into liking Dexter, or manipulated into believing he's a monster when really he isn't. Something just doesn't ring true about the whole thing.

But in the end, none of that matters all that much. As undemanding crime drama, "Dexter" is extremely watchable, thanks to the excellent central performance of Michael C Hall, good acting all round, and an extended plot line that may be absurd, but that nevertheless keeps the viewer in suspense.

Don't believe anyone who tells you that "Dexter" is the best US drama since "The Sopranos"; but it is pretty good, on its own bizarre terms.