on 11 June 2017
This is advertised at a ridiculously cheap price and the image shown shows a 1LTR bottle. When you click order then go to review the order you find you are buying a 100ml sachet what a CON Amazon are not playing the game this is very deceptive one star for cheating me
on 12 November 2013
This is essential for waterproofing your good gear. Water literally beads and runs off. Do our coats every year. Excellent.
on 26 March 2013
I have been using this stuff on my walking jacket for a while now. Combined with the techwash ( from the same firm ) and with a judicious application of the Tx spray the result has been a jacket that has remained waterproof and breathable for several years and it wasn't that expensive a jacket to start with. You don't use vast amounts of it so a 300ml bottle can last for a couple of years , depending on how often you need to re-proof of course !
on 24 November 2011
Being in Scouting I've been on loads of 'wet' camps and witnessed children's waterproofs not keeping them dry. I have used this product after each camp for my own children and they have always been dry even in torrential rain - my son even went through a very wet muddy tunnel once and he was still dry inside his coat despite looking like a creature from a mud lagoon.
Definately recommend using this product in conjunctions with the tech wash.
on 11 February 2016
This is amazing. Washed husbands "waterproof"gold trousers and jacket, and the water rolled off. Brilliant
on 28 August 2015
Wasn't as 'wow' as I expected it to be based on another review. It's okay, but not extremely waterproof as others say.
on 17 June 2015
Prompt delivery , cheapest option to purchase in bulk 5lt drum
You don't need to use a lot of the liquid to complete the process 100ml per item
Have now washed all my textile motor cycle jackets & trousers ,
Families outdoor walking jackets etc Used Tx direct wash to re waterproof
Jackets have been used in rain (not heavy shower ) but proven to be re waterproofed water droplets ran off the garments
on 19 December 2013
Excellent product, it's never let me down & I've used it a lot over the years. Last time I bought a small bottle in error - instructions on the label said there was sufficient for only one garment (& I'd just washed two plus a hat) so I just poured it in the machine anyway. There was no problem with the waterproofing afterwards, I've since worn them on several extremely wet days with no leakage. Highly recommended!
on 23 September 2013
So much cheaper than buying the smaller bottle - we have used loads already, but this will last a long time.
on 7 January 2014
I've used Nikwax TX.Direct Wash-In (together with Nikwax Tech Wash) for waterproof outdoors jackets and trousers for years and been very happy with it. It's easy to use (just run the clothes in the washing machine - no need to tumble dry afterwards) and works well, making sure that rain beads and runs off the surface of the waterproofs. The 5 litre bottle from Amazon is extremely good value.