on 2 April 2017
I have a couple of motorcycling touring suits which feature "breathable" liners

These don't take kindly to being washed with ordinary detergent - all the waterproofing properties disappear and there's nothing worse than a leaky suit.

The NiWax products are remarkably easy to use as long as you follow the instructions;

Clean out all the detergent and fabric conditioners from your automatic washing machine with hot water

Do a quick wash with 20 or 30mL of tech wash to remove residue from machine insides

Wash your equipment - in my case, because my suit is "multi-layer" I treated each layer as a separate garment, and don't be mean with the wash or proffer solution

Use "delicate" cycle and try not to spin too much

Dry on washing line if you can - I don't suppose a tumble drier would do a great deal of good

For best results, try not to get your geat too grubby, as the ingrained road-film and dirt don't take on the waterproofing solution too well.

For especially soiled parts, I usually dilute 1:1 Tech-Wash and apply with a clean washing-up brush and leave for half an hour before doing the "proper" wash

Be realistic in your expectations, I use my suit three or four days a week, every week, for commuting, and only need to wash it every ten months or so, after four years they are generally done and the fabric no longer "beads" water, at that point it's probably worn out and no amount of re-proofing will make much of a difference.
on 25 January 2013
I am a regular walker in all weathers and conditions which can be hard on my clothes. I always wash my wet weather gear in Nikwax Techwash and reproof it when necessary with another Nikwax product. I have found them very effective in cleaning and waterproofing so decided to go for the larger size.

This order arrived in good time and was, I feel, very good value for money. I will definitely be using this company in future.
on 28 May 2017
A fairly regular wash with this is absolutely fundamental in keeping waterproof,breathable/wicking items in peak condition for their intended use,followed immediately with TX Direct (wash or spray) after every 4th or 5th wash. Never had a problem with water seeping in heavily following this method,though of course certain items,such as those made by Paramo etc. may require a more regular and/or intense treatment to keep 'em up to scratch.
on 8 June 2017
I purchased this to wash my Seasalt tin cloth coats. It is easy to use in your washing machine. Coats came up clean and smelling fresh. It also helps to preserve the waterproofing in the fabric. It's worth paying to get this and the coats come up like new!
on 23 April 2017
Why does Nikwax has to be so expensive? It works great though. 5 stars based on how good it is.
on 23 May 2017
We are a normal family who do some outdoor stuff, for us this is brilliant. We use it to clean some footwear, trousers, shorts and jackets.
on 12 April 2017
:-)
on 11 May 2017
Excellent value bulk buy.
on 17 March 2017
Big bottle so will last for long time.
Extends the like of your waterproofs !!