on 28 July 2017
good game
on 14 June 2014
great game for them years in which i bought it.
on 20 March 2010
This is definitely one of the finest fighting games I have ever come across. The Tekken storyline isn't exactly hot stuff, but the game more than makes up for it in the areas that REALLY matter!

The gameplay is superb, each of the wide range of customisable fighters has been designed extremely well and the graphics make me wish I could draw like that. You can choose to fight a Quick Battle on the move, or battle through increasing levels of difficulty (Tekken Dojo) and take your fighter all the way to the top! There's also the classic Story Battle, topped up with serious or comical epilogues for each character.

That's not all...a couple of cool bonus games (that have to be unlocked!)- Gold Rush and Tekken Bowl, add that extra zing to the world of Dark Resurrection. Combat victories add to your gold hoard, with which you can buy cool outfits and accessories for your fighter (I wish Nina and Christie had a bathing suit in their collections!)

Overall- Tekken: Dark Resurrection is a fantastic fighting game. It's definitely something that you're going to be playing for a long, long time!
on 1 September 2007
This is one of the first games I ever got for my PSP, and I had no idea what it was about. Thats argos for ya. Anyway, I evantually found out it was a fighting game, and thought I had wasted my money. Boy was I wrong. The characters are amazing with their own special moves, and because it's on an LCD screen it looks even better! They have a special tutourial you can try at the beggining which helps, but I get bored and are more used to figuring things out myself. But the annoyance of that the tournament never seems to end does get to you, I got all the way up to Stage 28 and got fed up. My sisters like it anyway.

Now I don't have a memory stick, so I don't know if it saves everything, but overall the game rocks!
on 20 September 2010
My Seven year old son loved the game. He does Tae-Kwon do so found it particularly interesting. There are some scenes that some may find unsuitable eg. ladies in bikinis dancing in the background. Other than that the game is great and I'd recommend the game to anyone who is purchasing for a balanced child.
on 22 September 2009
Even though this game was originally released over 2 years ago, this is still to-date, perhaps the best fighting game on the PSP.
What I love about it:

One of the best things I love about this game is that its nearly EXACTLY the same game as the arcade version - which you don't find too often on the PSP (usually games for the PSP are cut short due to technical limitations); and plays beautifully.

The graphics and character modelings are simply incredible, and the fighting and animations are fluid and smooth. So far, I have not found any glitches or anything that causes gameplay to slow down - this is very important in a fast-paced fighter.

All the characters are unlocked right from the start, and you have a variety of game modes such as a normal arcade mode, a storyline mode, ranked battles and a "Dojo mode" - where you aim to become the top-ranked fighter of all times.

In addition, each ranked battle you win also earns you gold, which you can use to buy outfits for your characters and customize to your heart's content. There are also bonus games (such as a bowling mini-game) to be unlocked.
This game is jam packed with content.

Of course, each character does have their own unique set of special moves that you can learn (on the practice mode) and use on your opponents. This never gets old!

The only CONS about this game I didn't really like are:

a) There's no multiplayer:
Yes, you can play with a friend who has a PSP over game-sharing (which by the way, does *NOT* require that the other person has the game too), but there is no way to play this over the net or anything.

b) The controls on the PSP aren't exactly perfect...so some of those combos can be a bit of a pain to pull off.

But despite these, Tekken: Dark Resurrection is simply the best fighting game I've ever played on PSP.
In short, if you're a fan of fighting games, look no further. Just click buy...you won't regret it!
on 15 March 2009
After doing alot of online research into the best fighting game available on PSP I found that this was rated far higher than any other, and also found that AMAZON is the cheapest option of accessing this game anywherd. Considering that this game has had to be condensed for PSP use, it is still fantastic and just as good if not better than the PS2 prequels, with more extras, and retaining the same features like story mode, arcade, practice etc. This game also allows you to customise your characters (to a certain extent) with the gold you can earn from winning in arcade battle. I really like the playability of this game as well, there is no delay from pressing a button to the character reating appropriately, and the range of attacks and defensive moves are vast. The online play is a major selling point ofthis game, with the imediate option to play versus a nearby friend, or venture out into the online world and challenge other gamers. I feel that seen as this game is for PSP, playstation have put alot of effort in to bring it to the previous PS2 game standard aand it worked. It's head and shoulders above the rest, definately a must buy (for ratchet and clank lovers I would also recommend size matters - although alot shorter than other R&C games, it is a great addition to the collecvtion and works suberbly considering it functions on a smaller portable games console). However, I have only one complaint regarding Tekken DR, which is that when you start all the characters have been pre-unlocked, leaving no motivation to journey through story battles, and also regucing some of the fun and excitment from the game. But considering all the other great things this game has to offer, I would rate it 9/10 and certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a brilliant fighting game, or simply just someone looking for a high quality game, as I am not usually one for the fighting games, but this is a one off (I would strongly recommend advising your friend to purchase a copy, as it is great fun to play against each other). Enjoi and have fun!
on 1 August 2009
the new tekken game on the psp is a wonderful addition to the series, this is because of:
the fantastic gameplay
the large amount of charecters
linking storyline that makes sense in any of the multiple story modes
large number of new and old moves
easy to hard modes(depending on your capability!)
tons of other perks

this game is a great buy for anyone who wants hours of limitless fun that can entertain for hours in the house or on the way to work(maybe at work!) the fighting system is the same one as in the last game so some would say that the fighting system has been milked but it is so brilliant that it still interests those with experience in the tekken series.

in conclusion this a great buy worth it most definetly
on 24 April 2009
being a big fan of tekken on the playstation for quite some time I was dubious about a handheld version, but I got this when I first got my psp a few years back and I am still playing it now off and on. It has the excellent bowling mode which you unlock after doing story mode with 3 different characters. It has the best selection of characters in a tekken game since tag, and it's alot easier than tekken 5 on the ps2. This works amazing on psp and the graphics are tekken quality. If you like fighting games you must own this one on your psp, it's the best scrapper on the system.
on 3 September 2009
I bought Tekken for the PSP with high expectations following all the PSOne and PS2 titles.

I was not disappointed at all. The graphics are of the highest quality for a handheld game and provides more than enough modes to play through

The only reservation I would have about this game is the PSP's D-Pad makes it very hard to consistently nail the combo's that involve a diagonal direction. You will often end up pressing just a single direction rather than the requried diagonal keypress.

All in all though, a very good game indeed.