Customer reviews

on 1 June 2017
One of the best bands of the 70's/80's with some classic line-ups. Quality musicians with quality song writing makes for a superb collection of just about everything through their short career.
Tribute band Limehouse Lizzy are the closest and best you'll get of "Lizzy" live, but this album will give you everything else.....just heaven.
on 17 August 2017
I could listen to this album on a constant repeat. Each track is so unique and powerful. What classics, I'll never tire of this wonderful music.
on 28 August 2017
Great
on 31 July 2017
A good selection of tracks
on 19 March 2017
great
on 7 May 2017
Loads of tracks you've forgotten about. You can't go wrong here. When you put this album on it will stay on till the end.
on 15 May 2017
Spot on .
VINE VOICEon 19 August 2010
I was fortunate enough to see Thin Lizzy four times between 1976 and 1981 and they were just amazing in concert, best live act I've seen and I've seen a lot.

This 2 CD set is the best collection I've seen of their songs and I still play it constantly. I never ever get tired of the Lizzy and feel that they never received the recognition they so clearly merited. If you're unfamiliar with Thin Lizzy but just want some power driven, melodic rock, buy this and you'll appreciate the genius of the band. Their best known track is "The Boys are Back in Town" but there is far more to them than that. At last a collection that does justice to the wonder of Lizzy and, if you're not familiar with the band but love hard rock, this is for you.
on 18 October 2015
Quite simply, the only Lizzy compilation you'll ever need. All the greats are here, from the catchy ones I've known since I was a wee small boy, to stunners more recently discovered. From melodic charmers to scintillating metal tunes.
In my opinion, the jumbled up order helps, rather than a chronological walk-through.
For forty-somethings like me who've always known Lizzy, or inquisitive younger rock fans eager to try this band, this is a must.
on 25 September 2009
For all of us, there are certain groups or albums that define our teenage years and for me, Thin Lizzy was one of those groups.

From the initial "Whiskey in the Jar", through "Dancing in the Moonlight" / "Boys are Back in Town" etc etc, the group produced a solid string of hits with a strong baseline signature.

During those times the "Alive & Dangerous" album was the one to own and, in truth, they were probably one of those groups that excelled best on a live stage.
Sadly I never got to see them.

Phil Lynott had a troubled personal life (apart from Leslie Crowther being his Father In Law!) and there was always a sense of inevitability about his future.

This is an excellent compilation (& history) of a group with quite a few songs that I never tire of and still sing along to. They still sound as fresh (& relevant)today as ever which is testament to the quality of the songwriting & execution. The remastering of the tracks improves them further.

They were what they were - an honest band and what you saw & heard is what you got - quality and boundless energy.