Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 8 July 2017
it's ok, not as easy as it looks for an eight year old. But she likes the games.
on 16 March 2016
excellent
on 4 January 2010
I bought this spellchecker for my dyslexic 11 year old son to encourage him to use the vocabulary he knows but cannot spell. I was very excited when it arrived as my 2 younger children entered words and got immediate responses of very useful information. However, my 11 year entered 10 words and the first 9 of these were not even included in the dictionary. I think this is a great spellchecker for younger children (p5 and under) but not much use for my son who's only in p7. Will have to look for a more expansive dictionary for him I think.
22 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 November 2009
I bought this for my nine year old daughter because of her aversion to asking for help when writing, and the fact that she won't check the dictionary either. Typical child - always in a rush! This spell checker keeps her occupied with word games for hours, comes with us everywhere, and she can't wait to look up the next word. The improvement in her knowledge and interest has been fantastic. Ps. Very user friendly :-)
on 17 March 2010
I bought this product for my two dyslexic children aged 9 and 10. Its main weakness is limited vocabulary. If the word is in the dictionary it works brilliantly.
on 14 September 2012
bought for my dyslexic 8 year old and product simply doesn't recognise any word she types in. don't waste your money on this product.
on 1 December 2009
Just don't drop it as the lcd screen can break - this is our second one. Great wee machine - helps to give confidence for those with dyslexia - hence reason for splashing out on another one as they are not cheap!!
on 27 December 2010
a great little product that is easy to use and my 8 year old who really struggles with spelling has found it great and just what she needed.it can predict accurately even her worst spelling(she's just been diagnosed dyslexic)
the little games and calculator are an added bonus and have helped her master its use more easily. The flip open cover keeps coming off but it easily pops back on and is the only negative as far as I can see.would highly recommend this product.
on 6 July 2012
I bought one of these for my 11yr old daughter who
has major learning difficulties.
It is very helpful for her and pretty easy to use.
All in all a good product.
on 31 March 2011
I bought this for my young grandaughter. She is very happy with it and it seems she enjoys playing hangman. However, my son informs me that the word 'English' cannot be found in its vocabulary. I think 'Franklin' needs to check this out!