on 3 May 2017
I usually don't haste myself reviewing faulty products. I try to get most of the good than the bad out of them, but with these tyres I'm afraid to say they are awful. I got it for my road bike well knowing that these are more suited for commuting than racing, I wanted something to at least have a lower rate of getting punctures than my race tyres for 100+ mile rides. So far they have not held up to what I would have expected to get out of them. On my very first 10miles got the first flat on the rear. But maybe that was my luck. No big deal. Rotated tyres and moved on. But then I started to get flats agin on the rear then one on the front and finally on the rear which eventually ripped the tyre. These are heavy tyres which knock of 3-7miles/hour speeds which are also just as durable if not, less durable than my old racers. And when its pouring cats and dogs out there, wishing to get on with fixing a flat, good luck getting the tyre off the rim! You need the power of Incredible Hulk and the patients of a saint. I think that's due to the wire shrinking in the cold (10-20c) which give them an extremely tight grip on the rim. Man I wonder how many people are left stranded trying to fix a flat. To all my fellow woman/men out there, if you plan in changing a flat with these, make sure you hit the gym and get some forearm muscles growing or just forget replacing an iner-tube all together. Im not happy that after only 400 miles & money spent on these, that I now have to sadly reTire them from service :(
review image review image
on 16 September 2014
Brilliant tyres for on/off road.
For road only riding I put 70psi in them (the max recommended on the tyre) and they roll effortlessly.
Great also off road - obviously they don't grip in the mud, but they are robust and have never punctured.
I have done many miles on allsorts of terrain and they still have lots of wear left in them.
Much better than my previous Specialized Armadillos which split round the side walls at only 60psi.
Will buy again when these eventually wear out.
on 25 November 2016
Item's size did not match the product description. These are good tyres though, just wouldn't recommend buying from this listing unless it gets corrected.
on 3 April 2012
Look good, nice reflective trim, and most importantly....no punctures! I had some Specialised tyres with "flak" protection, and got 3 punctures over 3 months recently. None with the new tyre after 4 months (60 miles a week), and just the other day I pulled a huge thorn out, must of gone in a good 5+mm, but no puncture. Happy days.
on 1 January 2014
I hunted high up and low down for a stockist of genuine Brompton spec gear, great to find one so reasonable in terms of price and efficent in terms of delivery. Thank you.
P
on 27 March 2017
Very nice and sturdy tyres. They fit perfect and looks great in my old peugeot.
on 13 October 2016
ALL GOOD _ A+++++
on 23 September 2015
A little heavier than a normal tire but after 6 hundred miles still no punctures
on 29 July 2014
wrong size, and am stuck with it, as could not be returned. is of good quality, shame about the size.
on 21 December 2014