Customer reviews

Paradisi Carousel
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 May 2017
I'm not yet ready to rate this album, but I like what and how Clara sings and thus I enjoyed the album. However, Paradisi Carousel being my favourite song I consider other songs to follow a different music pattern, more of a jazz improvisations making them sound a little heavier, but that's perfectly fine as long as you like Jazz.
on 25 May 2007
I would not nornally write in about a C.D. But I saw Clare Teal Live in London recently and was blown away .I didnt think that the C.D would stand up to her live performance, but how wrong was I .I've played it non stop in my car A PERFECT SUMMER C.D

Off to see her on the 10th June at Bourenmouth

Check her out.............

Dickie
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 August 2007
Clare's latest album is less jazz-tinged and more contemporary in approach with some emphasis on five of her own co-written numbers which have melodic flair with BABY, I'M COMING HOME and MISSING YOU aided by backing chorus while the album's title song has an appealing guitar backing. Looking back, there's DON'T LET THE SUN CATCH YOU CRYING -originally a 1964 hit for Liverpool's Gerry and the Pacemakers and The Four Tops 1966 Motown best-seller REACH OUT (I'LL BE THERE) which have now been reinvented as tasteful ballads. The lovely Fran Landesman/Simon Wallace stunner WHAT LOVE KNOWS makes perfect material for Clare's emotive style and I also liked the cha-cha rhythms of ALONE WITH YOU; the soaring and free-wheeling delight LIGHT FLIGHT and the more energetic pacing of BREAKOUT. Clare's voice is never less than brilliant throughout and I award full marks to her musicians and the sparkling arrangements also.

Whilst this album may not wholly satisfy those who prefer her jazz style, I am of the opinion this expanded range of material will broaden Clare's fan-base considerably, with repeat plays certainly gaining kudos for the album's production values and allowing the songs to become familiar and meaningful.
on 29 May 2007
What a stunning album from Clare. I saw her live at Bloomsbury earlier this Month & although it was more middle of road show she is still an exceptional talent.

The covers of Reach out & Don't let the sun were awsome plus her own songs were outstanding.

I think this is a more interesting, diverse album than A Road less Travelled which after a while I found a little bit repetative, but Paradiso has everything. There will be true fans who will find this album straying away from her Jazz roots but I say good for you Clare & may you attract new fans who appreciate your very versitile style.
on 24 February 2008
This was my first ever Clare Teal purchase. I doubt if it will be my last. If you use it as background music people will ask you who is singing. So perhaps she deserves a more serious approach. Certainly the arrangements can stand this, and her voice is controlled with great precision, so that she can belt a song out yet sing softly in a very haunting manner. In fact her voice is very melodious with a good range.What makes this album for me is the acoustic guitar and samba rythms that have been injected into some of the arrangements.This imparts an interesting fusion of styles, that works. The album is really quite a romantic album. Perhaps the ideal companion for a candlelit dinner for two.I deeply regret not being able to see her live at Ronnie Scotts this year 2008, but that perhaps demonstrates how impressive she is.Take a punt on this, it's worth it.
on 5 March 2008
This is a wonderfully mellow album, so if you love jazz, then please give this a go - you won't be disappointed. There is a real mix of jazz numbers, all beautifully arranged. Clare Teal's vocals are wonderful as usual. I absolutely adore the arrangements for 'Paradisi Carousel', '(Reach Out) I'll be there' and 'Breakout', but all the selections are wonderful.

Perfect music for a dinner party with a few friends and a few bottles of wine!
on 17 June 2007
My wife and I were very fortunate to catch Clare in concert last night at St George's in Bristol. Live, Clare and her band are very entertaining. Clare is well known for her schtik/ banter between numbers and many will either love or hate her for that but (and it is very big but) her voice and the band's music shines through.

I am very pleased to say that this record is basically more of the same - namely, Clare's great voice and the band's fine musicality. Clare's self-penned compositions (in partnership with Muddy Field) are in my opinion more successful than the standards and covers included in this record. The Martin Firth numbers are also good. Having said that Clare's re-imagining of 'Reach out (I'll be there)' is interesting, and I'm sure will please many listeners.

I'm not a fan of nu-jazz (or whatever it's called); many of Clare's contempories are simply too awful for words. However, Clare has genuine talent and charm that lifts her above other (more widely known) young British jazz singers. This is a good easy record to listen to and one my wife and I will enjoy throughout this summer.
on 19 May 2007
The new album is brilliant! With a range of styles and songs, both originals with Mandy Field and others, and classics like Reach Out, it touches every angle. Clare's voice has matured and extended in demonstrated range and depth - it flows over you like the very best melted chocolate but with a kick all its own! The backing band and soloists make their own contributions and the multi-layered vocals show harmonies that need listening to many times - you won't get bored! Be ahead of the crowd - this one is going far.
on 5 May 2007
I saw Clare in concert on Thursday night on the opening night of her new tour to promote this album and was very impressed. Disappointed by a low turnout, she made the best of an interesting situation and blew those of us who were there away. The new songs from the album that she did were great (although I have to admit I do prefer her in her 'jazz/samba' mode to the slightly more straight-ahead ballads), and supported by a range of other songs.

Her band were really tight and the theme from 'Take Three Girls' was one of the most complicated time changes I have ever seen live. Chris the drummer was on top form (as usual), and the rest of the band matched him well.

Third time I have seen Clare and definitely the best. This album will be stunning if it is half as good as the live show.
on 18 May 2007
I'm so excited about this album after hearing Michael Parkinson play her tracks on his BBC Radio 2 show! I love 'Baby I'm Coming Home' which is simply sublime and a perfect summer record whereas ballads like Paradisi Carousel really highlight how fantastic her voice really is. Highly recommended and right up there with the best of them!!!