on 10 March 2009
After much thought and checking of other reveiws of similar products I finally decided to opt for this for my Zen Stone.

I was not disappointed - it does everything I wanted:
1) Totally compatible with my Zen - spot on
2) Charges my Zen through the USB port
3) Speakers have their own volume - handy as it allows me to use the battery/mains to drive the volume and not waste the internal battery of the player.
4) Speaker quality - a big concern - these pump out a large sound with little distortion. Not tinny at the higher end although it does get a bit twitchy if you have the speakers and player at full volume but frankly its too loud to be comfortable at that volume anyway! The bass is amazing for such smaller speakers - I tested it with Meat Loaf and some Marilyn Manson (no accounting for taste, sorry!) and the speakers pack enough punch without any problems.

Perfect buy for me and great quick service from the marketplace seller :)
on 5 May 2010
I have immed and ammed about buyting these for weeks now. I ordered this item on 4/5/2010 around mid morning and it turned up first post the very following day 5/5/2010 on standard 3 to 5 day delivery option,, spot on, amazingly fast delivery thankyou. I have a zen xfi 2 mp3 player and it works great. The quality of sound that comes from the speakers are amazing, totally not what i was expecting from such small speakers.. Love it! Also I am able to charge and play the mp3 player both at the same time. I have never been able to do this before, when its been on charge via mains or pc or by whatever means I would charge it was impossible to listen to. This small but powerful portable docking speaker system enables that to be possible. 200 out of 200 thanks for a great product. If I needed another there would be no hesitation to buy them next time. And would highly recommend to others..
on 9 September 2009
well i was quite wary of purchasing a speaker set at only 20 sheets when there are others on the market at a price that even the bank of england couldn't print.

but, i must digress that this is a superb product. i'm using it with a zen mx and it charges it and connects easily. it has brilliant sound output given its size and will go very loud. great for outdoor gardening/camping.

the only small glitch and i'm not sure if this is just my model is that the volume slider appears to have 90% of the volume range within the first centimetre of the slider then the other 4cm to slide barely makes any difference.

still, i can just use the audio control on the line in component to control it so this isn't particularly a big issue.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 23 January 2011
This is a handy and inexpensive little device, perfect for getting a louder volume for your Zen when you want to come off headphones. It folds flat and comes with its own little travel case. This is ideal if you are away on holiday, as it can be powered either by 4 AAA batteries or by DC power (lead supplied). Best of all, despite what one reviewer says regarding one particular Zen model, this DEFINITELY charges the Zen Xfi-2 - including being able to charge it (using the little Zen to PC USB connection supplied with the Zen) whilst you are playing it (via the supplied with this E-volve 3.5 jack line in stereo cable which connects to the Zen via its headphone socket) One of my very quiet classical pieces (soft solo violin) felt like it needed a max volume which could go a little higher to be able to hear easily in some passages, but for the most part the max volume is fine for a small to medium space, and doesn't sound distorted in any way.

As others have mentioned there is very little variation in volume at the lower end of the volume control - you can't really have very very soft as well as soft - there's inaudible and suddenly as you move the volume slide quite far to the right you have audibility. The very short length of the supplied Zen's connection to the USB socket, means that if you do decide to charge WHILST you play, you can't arrange things in a visually pleasing way in the dock itself but have to position your Zen player to the side of the dock (no problem if you just want to play rather than play and charge) But this is the fault of the Zen, not the Evolve dock itself. Turning the Zen's own volume to max as well as the E-volve's really boosts the volume, surprisingly without distort. A great little piece of equipment
on 28 October 2010
I got this for my Creative Zen X-Fi as I wanted somehwere to dock it and charge it mainly - and there are few products I could find that offered this for my player.
I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality though as others have said volume range isnt great and you'll end up working it at the highest quarter of the slider range pretty much all of the time - ie lower volume settings are almost inaudible.
This does charge the X-Fi although product details says it doesnt. However you arent aware it's charging as the on-screen indicator doesnt change to notify its inprocess of charging - you only notice its charged when the little indicator eventually becomes "full" - which does happen quite quickly as others have said also.
Also as others have said you can play while charging.
The little 2 way jack connector lets the Zen sit up while playing but because the USB and jack sockets are on same side of player you cant use both similtaniously - instead you have to connect a longer lead for the jack connection which means the player has to sit beside the unit instead of in a docking position; and with the two cables running out of it to the speakers it is far from a neat looking docking solution.
Comes with a nice neat carry case, USB, twin jack and small cradle stand on which to set your player.
on 13 April 2009
I bought this as a speaker system for my Creative Zen Stone. For the size, I am very pleased with the sound quality and volume. It is better than I expected. It is easy to set up and use. When in its little black case, it is very handy and travel-size. It also charges my Zen Stone very efficiently. It comes with all the necessary cables.

Specs:
Input: DC 6V jack, 3.5mm jack line-in
Output: 3.5mm jack AUX, 3.5mm earphone jack
Material: ABS plastic
Power output: 1.25" full range x2
Impedence: 4 Ohms
Frequency: 150Hz - 16KHz
Rated output: 1.5W X2
Dimensions (mm): 170 (w) x 110 (h) x 25 (d)
Weight: 237g
Made in China

Overall I am impressed. I would definately recommend this product if you are looking for a functional portable speaker/charger for a small mp3 player.
on 11 October 2012
Been searching for years for some quality portable speakers for my Zen Mozaic and this product fits the bill perfectly. At a fraction of the price of some other better known products this MP3 dock is robustly built of quality material and the sound it emits is amazing, certainly as good if not better than genuine Zen equipment which I've had in the past.
I value good sound reproduction when listening to my music and this little item steps up to the mark impressively and fills the room with quality sound. I've yet to raise the volume past the halfway mark the sounds are so clear and precise.
I don't often give reviews but I have to sing the praises of this little product, in fact I'm thinking of buying more of them so I have one in different rooms around the house into which I can just plug in my Zen
on 22 January 2011
i cant believe how good they are
i was a little sceptical despiew the reviews but they speakers are amazing and thedelivery was so quick
i am very impressed and highly recommend these they are so much better that u expect
on 27 September 2012
I looked around the marketplace for a set of small speakers which were battery and mains powered. I'd already had a small Vibe-Dock speaker pod which unfortunately got broken and I knew that the speakers on these units were the business. When I found the E-volve set I was so pleased because now it had mains power facility and a fly lead which my previous speakers never had. Fantastic, a good marketing move which for me made this new system even better.
When delivered, which incidentally was well packed and prompt the system exceeded my expectations and came complete with a small protective nylon bag.
The sound as expected was excellant and now the system goes everywhere with me, its played at Bar-b-ques, on my boat, when we go camping and even when I'm gardening. It uses 4 AA batteries which I've now replaced with rechargeables. These last quite a long time, for more than I've ever needed.
If I were to comment and it would be constructively it would be for improvements to the volume control slider which works well enough but isn't truly expotential and the nylon bag could benefit from a MP3 pocket and a spare battery pocket. These are just niggly things because this product is well priced, good quality and yes if I broke it I would buy another. (Incidentally I never broke the first one......'er indoors did but we wont talk about that!)
on 3 October 2012
After reading the other reviews for this product I decided to give it a go and have not been disappointed. I would agree that the volume control isn't as sensitive as it could be, but this hasn't really caused me a problem. I love playing music through my Zen on it. I couldn't believe that these speakers would really be any good for the price paid, but I've certainly had my money's worth.