on 1 January 2018
This product is quoted as ''Fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula that will not clog pores'', well for me this wasn't the case at all! Its also got a nasty smell to it, not far off self tanner - not what I want on my face, used for a week to test it out and its now sat in a drawer in the dark. Its so heavy on the face, and I wasn't even using a full pump. I've gone back to my Clinque and Liz Earl skin care routine, its taken about 3 weeks for my skin to clear up after using this as it blocked my pores and gave me spots, which I never suffer from.

For some it seems to be wonderful and they wouldn't be without it, but I'm going to pass
on 19 December 2017
I love trying different lotions and potions on my skin, so I was really looking forward to trying Olay Total Effects.

I was obviously familiar with the brand, but I've never really tried much from them in the past, other than a few different samples, which I'd liked but not really loved enough to make them permanent additions to my routine.

So I switched out my usual serum and moisturiser/day cream and have just been using Olay Total Effects in the morning.

After cleansing and applying an eye cream I apply the moisturiser. I love the container, its very easy to dispense the cream and then apply quickly.

The cream has a lovely texture, it feels strong without being heavy and isn't sticky in the slightest. It also has a lovely scent, light and sweet and a slight golden shimmer, but this golden shimmer doesn't leave any odd glitter or glow to the face, which is a plus from me!

Over the last few weeks I would say my skin looks and feels lovely, and this cream is such a great light and easy product to use.

As a mum of two little ones, its great to have a product that is so quick and simple to use and can by applied before make-up or just as a base to protect and help skin.

I like it and will purchase again.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 November 2017
The Olay Total Effects 7 in One cream comes in a nice 50ml pump bottle with a clear safety cap. The pump is very easy to use and it dispenses a good dose. The cream is slightly beige in colour but it is not a tinted moisturiser so it will not colour your skin or work like a BB cream. It is not very thick and it spreads really nicely on your skin. It is absorbed quickly and won't leave your face sticky so it can be used under make-up. My skin feels very nourished and soft after use and I can feel the laughter lines by my eyes slowly fading.

This is an anti-ageing moisturiser which helps to even skin tone appearance and as it contains SPF15 it is great to wear every morning as it will give you UVA/ UVB protection.

I have used it for a week and I my skin feels very soft and smooth. I cannot see major smoothing of wrinkles, especially on my forehead, but it is still early days. I would definitely recommend this as a daily moisturiser.
review image
on 17 November 2017
I received this as part of a testing panel. My positives
It's a soft, silky and cool cream. It goes on easily and a little goes a long way.
It has spf which is important for me, even in winter, as I have extreme sun sensitivity from lupus.
It's very moisturising without being too greasy. I feel it provides some wind protection for my skin, I live by the Welsh sea, so this matters to me.
It's not a bright white cream, it seems to brighten my skin not leave my looking pastier than usual.

I find it leaves a slightly sticky residue on my skin for a while, it doesn't seem to fully soak into my skin. I dislike that sticky feeling. And for that reason I probably wouldn't buy it. But that isn't to say I don't like it, or that it isn't good. Just I find many day creams too heavy for my skin. I have combination, sensitive skin. Maybe because this is anti aging it's just too much, I don't know. I'm still using it daily, either way. And I think it does leave my skin looking brighter and it feels more protected from the weather.
on 5 February 2018
There is no way this is a genuine product. I've been using olay 7 in One for ages and it never before made my skin burn and tingle like this. My face was red and hot and irritated after using this. It also looked the wrong colour, paler than the real thing. It didn't sink into my skin like the real one usually does but instead formed a white emusified layer on my face. It smelled like the real one so I persevered to try it again but the burning happened again. I chucked it in the bin and went and bought the real deal in a bricks and morter shop. Amazon would want to take a look at how many fake products they are selling.
on 11 December 2017
I’m trying to stave off the effects of ageing for as long as possible, so I’m willing to try just about anything. The Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 moisturiser made big claims about improving the seven signs of ageing (dark spots, sagging skin, dull glow-less skin, lines & wrinkles, dry skin, patchy skin and open pores). In terms of moisturisation, it left my skin soft, smooth and non-sticky and it absorbed well.

However, after using it for two weeks, I really couldn’t see any visible difference in the quality or health of my skin. In fact, it seemed duller and there was no change in the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles or pores. In addition, I had come out in spots, which I can only assume was a reaction to the fragrance in the product, as they went away when I went back to my usual fragrance-free moisturiser. It is probably best avoided if you have sensitive skin, or are prone to reactions to scented products. I certainly couldn’t recommend it on the basis of my experience with it.
on 3 December 2017
I love Olay products since I first tried those. I have to use high quality skin care on my dry skin to prevent ageing. Unfortunately dry skin ages earlier compared to other skin types. Luckily I love my skin care regime and I never miss a day. I am sure, I would look different without my daily beauty habits and favourite skin care products, like Olay Total Effects. I have even my future beauty plans: I will never ever go out without UVA/UVB protection. Luckily, Olay Total Effects Anti-Ageing Day Cream contains SPF15.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 30 December 2017
I bought the night and day version of this - i developed itchiness after using this but didn’t put two and two together as I thought Olay was a decent brand. After weeks of dryness, blotchy itchy skin like eczema I had to see a doctor, having tried all remedies I could think of from the chemist. I will not be using again, totally messed up my face and neck at the start of last summer. Sore and upsetting. Incidentally, I have never had dry skin in my life or any such symptoms. Avoid.
on 30 November 2017
I love how quickly this is absorbed! It's a teeny bit shiny, which to be expected from the SPF 15 rating. If it was SPF 30+ I would be using it all year round, but as it is I will be using it only on days when I'm not outside during daylight for very long (which is still a good chunk of the year).
I'm so happy this didn't irritate my skin too. The last two moisturisers I tried stung my skin and I'd never had this issue before so I was worried my skin had become sensitive. This stuff went on nicely though so that's a relief.
My pores look a little bit smaller which is great! A lot of moisturisers I've tried didn't make much difference. I can't say it did anything for my skin tone though - I'm still kind of blotchy around my nose.
As far as fine lines go - time will tell. I've only had the chance to try this for a couple of weeks so far, it does have a good range of vitamins though so it might be good for that.
It does have a faint fragrance, so if your skin is sensitive this probably isn't for you.
At the current price on Amazon (£6) I'd say this is a steal. The RRP shown of £17.35 though - oof, a bit much.

(I got this free to test out from Savvy Circle. This in no way influenced my opinion - I only leave honest reviews.)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 March 2018
Arrived well packaged. Sadly I am rather disappointed in this product. My skin felt sticky and constricted after use as it left a film over my skin which was not what I had expected. I have used Olay in the past and liked it, but wasn't impressed with this product. I have normal skin, maybe suitable for oily skin types.