Format: DVD|Change

on 4 December 2003
This collection of Cary Grant films includes "Bringing up a baby",
"My Favourite Wife" , "Indiscreet" and "Opperation Petticoat".
The quality of DVD image is quite nice including the older films.
The artistic decoration of the set is superb - it is relatively slim box (twice as wide as regular DVD box).
After you pull it from the case it unwraps in four pages in diffrerent directions (like a flower), each of them contains DVD on it.
And each page has gorgeus photos of Cary Grant and one of his costars - Katharine Hepburn, Irene Dunne, Ingrid Bergman.
The set also includes 4 art cards - on the front side there is a
reprint of an original poster of the film and on another the list of the Chapters of the DVD.
The special features include "Production notes" and "Cast and crew".
This beatiful box set is a dream of every Cary Grant fan and every classic films lover.
0Comment| 215 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 September 2014
I thought this was good value, as it contained some of my favourite Cary Grant films (as well as others I'm not so fond of). However, I was disappointed - and annoyed - to find that four of the films don't have subtitles, even though the description on Amazon suggests they all do. The four films without subtitles are: Bringing Up Baby, Indiscreet, Suspicion and My Favorite Wife. My husband cannot watch films unless they have subtitles so it's very important to us that Amazon provides accurate information in this respect. I would have returned the item if I hadn't decided to pass it on to someone as a present.
on 28 May 2009
I know it would be impossible to include all of his films but it seems to me that there are a few missing that you'd expect to be here. Three of my favourite Cary Grant films are missing; His Girl Friday, The Awful Truth and I was a Male War Bride. It's a shame (and why I can't give this lovely box set five stars) and surprising. Other than that, this is a well put together set and is a perfect present for not just Cary Grant fans, but fans of 1930s/40s cinema and Classic Hollywood Cinema.
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2014
This is a huge compilation of movies all in one place and at a reasonable price. If you are a Cary Grant fan you will be very happy. All the films I have viewed so far have been in good shape even if they have not been digitally remastered. I am pleased with this purchase and recommend it to anyone who likes the oldies.
on 29 December 2015
Did not have the films as advertised. The only one was Bringing Up Baby. The others were O.K. but not what I had ordered. May I suggest you check the box sets for accuracy of the named films in adverts.
on 14 December 2013
What can one say about Cary Grant. These are excellent films. His Girl Friday has cracking script and Rosiland Russel to boot! Penny Serenade and The Amazing Adventure are bot good films..
on 11 July 2012
Bought this for my Dad on Father's Day because he adores Mr Grant. and he really enjoyed this dvd. Good value for 4 classic hollywood films.
on 6 October 2014
or the 4 ages of Cary Grant some of hollywood at its best female co stars Mae West, Katheren Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn & Doris Day
on 5 October 2014
Fabulous. I am a huge Cary Grant fan. This box set is brilliant. 16 classic films. Looking forward to winter Sunday afternoons.
on 29 January 2015
Wonderful selection of films and I bought it at a bargain price - less than £1 a film. 19 films in one box set - brilliant!