on 2 December 2012
This is the 3rd time I have purchased this model of Timex watch. It does everything I want and I like the plastic casing. I lost the first one, the second wore out after 12 years, so I was pleased to find it still available at Amazon
on 20 April 2013
I had an expedition before with just two buttons and that was a really good watch. Sadly nothing lasts forever. I thought I would try this as it looks rugged. The strap is pathetic and is unlikely to take any strain at all. I sail for fun and I need a watch I can quickly set the alarm on and illuminates. This, to be fair illuminates fine but t setting the alarm and other functions is a nightmare as the instructions a really useless. They are in something like 12 languages and the cheapskates have made the wording so small and contradictory that offer very little constructive guidance. I would not recommend this watch at all. Its like a child's flashy watch. Shame!! Not to self, "buy watch in shop so you can check out the quality and function properly"
on 14 August 2013
I've had similar Timex Expedition watches in the past, and this one was a disappointment.

My previous Expedition did a solid 3 years' service. Not bad for £30. However, this one lasted about a year, by which point I had replaced the strap, the face was scratched significantly, the battery was dead, and, worst of all, the casing was compromised and no longer waterproof. It finally died in the shower.

I'll admit that this watch was subject to higher than average rough wear, but I've always used these as sports/outdoor watches. This one in particular is weaker than usual, so I would be cautious about buying it.

The major plus sides to a Timex Expedition are the clear, easily read watch face, the neat, presentable design that will not look amiss with most outfits, the backlight for nighttime use, and the exceptionally user-friendly digital functions. It's a versatile watch, and I'll buy similar ones.

Before buying this particular model, however, consider first just how rough you'll be with it. Scraping against bulkheads and hatches on a ship will kill it within weeks. Tumbling off a mountain bike will scratch the face. If you want something for jogging, going to the gym, swimming, hiking, or similarly gentle exercise, it'll probably be fine. Look after it, and it will look after you.
on 4 March 2013
Nice watch,easy to use dual display,normal & countdown alarm,indiglo,stop watch,lap timers,compass bevel turns,nice and clear watch face with sturdy woven strap.
on 17 April 2013
This is a good sturdy watch that looks really great. Indiglo works well in the dark, the strap is strong & comfortable and the battery has a very long life. I am so pleased with mine that I have just bought a third one in preparation for the day when I wear out or accidentally break one of the two that I have been using fot the last 10 years. I keep one for work and one for leisure.
on 17 August 2011
I bought this watch 4 years ago from amazon and it is still going strong. I use it every day at work and it has lasted the test of time well. The battery lasted 3 years before i had to change it. Good sturdy watch.
on 18 June 2014
I bought this for a 9 month expedition to the rainforest of the Dem Rep of Congo while I was studying wild bonobos. It took a lot of knock. It has been through the harshest conditions i can imagine. I even fell on it when I attempted a tarzan vine swing (the vine snapped). It managed to wake me for my 3am shifts into the forest. And It is still working back here in the uk.