on 18 August 2012
I bought this months ago. The watch has been really reliable, and I love having a timex again after all these years! I didn't realise it had an 'illuminate' button but I've found that very useful. Obviously as a timex it's got a lovely, clear, round face.

But the strap is low quality. I already need to replace it. And this might seem a daft thing to say, but it ticks REALLY loudly! No, really REALLY REALLY loudly! (e.g. I can hear it now, over the tele). I've never known such a loud watch! I don't mind that - in fact I rather like it's station-clock qualities - but you might. (you really shouldn't buy it for someone about to do an exam, eg)

(years later: Dec 2015): I felt the need to update my review because, while the strap is very long gone, my watch is still doing marvellously and looks as good as the day I bought it. I'm not a careful person so that's saying something! I still like its face. I've had to replace the battery once. Its ticking continues to tickle me.
on 12 February 2017
Bought this to replace one like this -except the one I had before didn't have the date.
And honestly as other reviews have said the date is so small it is more or less useless - I would just get the one without the date in future.
But the watch itself is great - really easy to read etc -the light up function is useful, a really practical watch and I am hoping it lasts as well as the one it replaced, which I'd had for about 10 yrs.
I wear a watch all the time - I sleep, swim, go to the beach, shower, do housework and DIY in one - when I am not wearing one I realise how often I glance at my bare wrist (I have ADHD and I think it is a habit I have developed to not lose track of time). My previous one had several replacement batteries and straps but the watch itself was fine - barely scratched etc...and like I said it gets some abuse - think being on an arm scrabbling around under floorboards etc...or lifting bricks...etc. I used to have to replace watches every 3 or 4 yrs before I bought it.
I had the battery and strap replaced at a local market stall - so it wasn't expensive (less than a £5).
I recently replaced the leather strap with a plastic one (swatch like) as the biggest problem I had was the straps breaking...I think from constantly getting wet etc - every year or so.
The only 'problem' with it was why I needed a new one ...it needed a new battery - and like I said I am lost without a watch. I couldn't get to the market for a new battery for a week or so, I used to borrow my daughter's watch but she has lost it - so I decided it would be quicker to replace the battery myself. The back was a nightmare to get off but even worse I couldn't get it back on - I ended up with a cloth and pliers and cracked the glass....water could get in, it started misting up and then started stopping.... I found online there are ways of putting the back on using bottle tops etc - but I would suggest you get the battery replaced somewhere professionally....
on 10 November 2016
Bought as a Christmas present for my 12 year old daughter, she was initially delighted with this watch: it has a lovely clear face, the night light worked beautifully, the leather strap was attractive and the date function gave it a grown-up look. For the first six months all was well, then about 7 months in the light stopped working. A few weeks later the date stopped working. We have had the battery checked by a watch shop who confirmed that the battery was fine but that the watch was faulty and should be returned to Timex under warrantee. We're posting it off with proof of purchase, and I'm hoping that it will either be well repaired or that the replacement will prove more reliable. Daughter was very sad that her well-looked after "proper" grown-up watch didn't stay the course for more than a few months. I'll update this review as and when the repaired/replaced watch returns.
on 2 August 2012
I ordered it as I needed a watch to go with my golden jewels and because I really like the Indiglo feature, which is pretty useful in poor light conditions.
It is small, it looks smart and the numbers are very easy to read. The date is quite small and I don't have a problem with it, but others might have. It also keeps time well.
The only thing i don't like is the strap, which is quite thin and rigid.

Update: The watch is keeping really good time, the indigloo feature is working all right, but the strap is really garbage. I bought this watch in July and the strap is almost broken so I cannot wear it anymore. I didn't use this watch in extreme conditions or while washing the dishes/taking a shower so I see no logical reason for that strap to break so soon. I won't send it back because I really like the watch. I will probably go and buy another strap.
on 22 September 2016
It's a nice watch, but it has some faults. The date display is very small, so quite hard to read (whereas the face of the watch is nice and clear). The strap is rubbish, it fell to bits after only 3 months and I had to replace it - another £12, so the watch wasn't really such a bargain. I agree with the reviewer who said it is noisy; it ticks so loudly I have to put it in another room at night and close the door! The noise is not too noticeable during the day, but who wants to spend those periods of insomnia in the small hours listening to their life ticking away second by second .....
on 26 July 2017
I wanted a simple, basic watch for everyday use...and this does the job!
The dial is clear and easy to read - even without my glasses!
The strap is basic- and may need replacing at some point I suppose - it is certainly the 'cheapest' part of the watch.
The watch has a back-light and a date function...neither of which is vital to me, but are nice little 'extras'.
A good, functional watch with no frills....at a very reasonable price.
Highly recommended.
on 17 February 2012
Just an update, my watch fell off this morning! The strap has broken right where it connects to the watch face so there's no attempting to fix it. I did find that within a month one of the little strips of leather that keeps the strap in place came off and within weeks the 2nd one came off too so I had to make a replacement (out of embroidery thread) otherwise it would've been very annoying. I'm going to have to go and buy a new strap now, not very good given I've had it less than 6 months! Perhaps the leather was just TOO soft!

Original review - I've had the same watch for almost 25 years. I thought it was about time for a new one as it was looking a bit worse for wear but of course I wanted something similar as it suited my needs. This watch was perfect, exactly what I was after.

The face of the watch is about the size of a 10p, just slightly smaller. The strap is actually quite long, I don't have petite wrists and am on hole 5 with 4 spare. So about right. The leather is lovely and soft. It's better quality than the kind you normally get as a replacement strap. It's thicker, more rounded and basically a very nice comfortable refined shape.

The dial is clear and the date is easily seen (I don't know why some people have trouble with it). If you push in the winder the screen lights up so you can see the time in gloomy or non existant light. Very handy and better than other watches I researched that seemed to have a permanent light on for some strange reason!

Keeps good time, easy to wind on, reasonably easy to change the date though I always find it fiddly on this kind of watch as you have to have the winder just 1/2 out. Can't fault it really. So glad I bought it!!!
on 18 December 2012
I bought this watch for my grandmother for christmas, as her previous watch had broke. Firstly, the good reviews for this watch are deserved and correct. The first thing I noticed was how well-built the watch looked, the dial is large but not too large and very easy to see, the strap is quaint but nice. The added bonuses with this watch is the indiglo display and that it is water resistant to 30m. It is also presented in a nice box wrapped around a cushion. I bought the watch because I have a Timex watch myself which keeps perfect time and I trusted that this watch would be of same quality which it is.
on 8 February 2015
Ticked boxes for
a) leather strap (fabric discolours, metal/plastic uncomfortable)
b) not too big (for a small wrist)
c) date display (never can remember)
d) backlight (indiglo really rocks)
The only improvement would be a better strap, in brown leather, but there doesn't seem to be anyone out there making that, so will try again for a five star another time...
Daughter would have used it if I'd let her, so it must look ok
on 7 January 2017
All very good , except for the strap which is not good. Will replace it right away. The watch is in good package & came in earlier. Love the clock , the tick is not silent but i dont mind! I love the illumination. The strap is bit thin size i think, but i love the numbers cause can easily read and the price is cheap!
review image review image review image