on 14 November 2013
Great bit of kit very good
Easy to set up
The cable is a good length as well
Works well in side a vehicle
on 4 June 2013
it ran as soon as it was loaded, as always first class service running garmin pc ,Microsoft autoroute and navigator .
on 3 February 2013
Nice neat piece of equipment. Is a great addition to the regular books and maps usually used when planning trips.
on 2 July 2014
Very tricky to get a reliable receiving signal - even after attempting several different antenna locations.
on 27 November 2014
Perfect. Downloaded software, plugged it in and away it went. Used on my boat. Ideal to use with Open CPN.
on 30 May 2012
Not bad although using Windows Vista was quite a challenge to get it going. It wouldn't work for me at all until I went online and downloaded a newer version of the GPS Utility - then it worked. The one that comes on the CD doesn't appear to work with Vista. On my Mac however it worked fine so no trouble there. I plane to use it with Seatraks Chart software so I will update when I have linked it all together. I don't plan to use it as a main GPS on board my boat but as a back up it might be ok.

The downside appears to be that despite others saying they can get GPS in basement it would not see satellites until it was outside. The lead is not hugely long so an extension cable would help you.

One other point on Vista as that the COM port seems to change each time you plug the unit in. It uses a Prolific port and I am told by those that know that this is not the best arrangement. I have no idea why though.

I will try to update this review at a later date.
on 29 March 2015
It works fantastic easy to set up works at Navionics UK
on 24 June 2012
Great product. I had trouble with the software that indicates where the satellites are!!! I was using Win7.

My navigation software, Navigator though had no such issues 'seeing' the device and tracking the satellites.
In fact it works very well indeed with Navigator.

I would recommend this product.
on 3 August 2012
It couldn't have been simpler to set this up. I wanted it to provide GPS position on my netbook which has marine Memory Map software. I plugged it in, downloaded the drivers as instructed and that was it! Doddle. Now I have an 11 inch chartplotter for a lot less than a purpose-built one!!
on 10 July 2014
straight in win 7 pc, worked straight off.