on 23 February 2016
I ordered two of these for our holiday in South Africa. They arrived just in time, taking well over a month to come. On getting to South Africa I discovered that the adapters do not fit the South African sockets. These ones are too small. Fortunately most of the places we stayed at provided UK friendly adapters and we managed to get by and keep things charged up. Judging by the reviews most people get correct adapters but some get the wrong ones as we did. The ones we got were completely useless. They measure 1.8 cm from live pin to neutral pin, (pin centre to pin centre) which is not widely spaced enough to go in a South African socket. It would be prudent to check before you go if you have bought these! South African sockets are 2.54 cm between the centre lines of their live and neutral pins.
review image
22 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2011
There is not much that can be wrong with this sort of appliance. It has the benefit of having a high ampage rating which a lot of travel adaptors do not have meaning they get hot if using something like a hairdryer.
on 3 December 2010
This worked perfectly in SA for me, I don't know what I would have done without it! The price is good in comparison to alot of other places as well.

Do remember that the power supply is generally a bit lower in SA so some products (like hair straighteners) might not reach their full power potential. Enjoy SA, it is my favourite place in the world! :-)
on 8 July 2011
Delivered in the nick of time before travel. Most impressed with service and time it took to deliver the product,very efficient.
on 4 December 2012
Have just returned from S Africa and so can now write a product review.
Have varoiusly been to Johannesburg,Pretoria,Kruger Park, Port Elizabeth, Knysna
and Cape Town..........the adapters worked perfectly in all the hotels we visited.
All the Protea hotels did however have one 4 gang socket per room which had two S African,
one English and one Euro outlet.
on 30 August 2009
This is a neat adapter but remember to take a 2/3 way adapter too so you can charge up your cameras and phone too.
on 14 January 2013
This adaptor turned out to be worth its weight in gold, and was used for my laptop, phone charger, camera battery charger and hair straighteners. An excellent buy and something I can use again and again when I go to visit my family in South Africa.
on 11 March 2010
we took a UK extension lead with us so the plug was so useful for that. Goods were dispatched promptly.
on 18 April 2014
The plug adaptor arrived the day after I ordered it - very good service!!
As yet I am unable to rate it's suitability as I will not be using it until I go away on holiday in a few weeks' time, but
I have no doubt it will be fine.
on 10 April 2017
I bought this travel adapter to go with us on our honeymoon to South Africa. We visited Cape town for a few days, drove through the wine country, visited absolutely stunning vineyards, had a safari and jetted of to Mauritius... Oh.. This makes me sad haha. So - this product worked like a charm! Did everything you would expect.

We used it to charge camera, iPhones, iPad. Charging was happening as fast as ever and we never had a problem with this little adapter. A very good buy, highly recommended.