on 21 October 2008
The Maxi-Cosi Easy Fix Isofix base is a must have. It makes getting about with your baby so quick and easy. It really is as simple as clicking the seat in - no fiddling around with seat belts. Really good product.
on 27 July 2014
Love this feel so much happier knowing my baby is safe and it's so easy to fit and use - even after a section!
on 20 February 2017
Works perfectly with Maxi Cosi Cabriofix. Makes taking baby in and out of the car in car seat so much easier.
on 5 September 2011
The maxi cosi easifix car seat base was just what we needed and it has been put to use already. All fine.
on 11 March 2010
We are expecting our first child and bought this base to go with the MaxiCosi Cabriofix car seat so that my wife can easily get the car seat in and out of car easily without having to fumble around with seat belts everytime.

The base itself attaches to our 2009 Toyota Yaris using the builtin IsoFix system quite simple (no need for seat belts) - the only difficulty in fitting the base to the car was that I had to push down the rear of the back seat cushion to expose the IsoFix latches before the base can be locked into place. But hey, this just needs to be done once.

The car seat then goes on top of the base and locks into place with a satisfying click. The only difficulty my wife had was releasing the car seat from the base - this involves pressing a latch under the silver handle in front of the base and simultaneously pulling away from the base - this involves a bit of finger strength.

All in all, I would still consider this a 5 star product.
on 31 July 2009
It is true that you can fit/remove the maxi cosi car seat safely without buying this base. However for shear speed, ease and ultimately laziness this is invalueble.
on 20 January 2011
With 2 children under 3 and expecting our 3rd, I bought this thinking that it would help to get all of the children in the car quickly and safely. I used seat belts to secure my first two baby seats and I haven't found the base much quicker at all. I find it quite clunky and often wake the baby getting him in and out, which didn't happen when using belts.

I also find the base a nuisance in the car when I don't have the baby - it's big and heavy and not easy to get in and out of the car when I need the adult seat.

All in all, it does what it is supposed to but I think it's a luxury item and knowing now how little time it saves (just seconds) and the fact that baby doesn't seem any more secure than my previous two, I would save my money for something more essential.
on 31 January 2009
We had a travel system for our firstborn that the baby chair was looking decidedly tired by the time we had our daughter (and we felt she had enough hand me downs) so we bought her the Maxi Cosi seat -mainly because of this base. It made life so much easier and quicker as there is no fussing with seat belts. Its just click in and pull lever to take out - very easy - especially when parking at side of the road so you dont stand in the road for as long.

Excellent base.
on 26 December 2014
Wouldn't have been without this handy thing - no faffing with seat belts, and far more secure.
on 29 October 2014
handy to get seat in and out, bit tricky to fit in the first place, instructions not great