Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

• Rosa

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2005
I have lived and worked in Bosnia for the past ten years where there is a thriving popular music industry but which is mainly of either the folk or pop variety however if like me you want a collection of music which reflects the marvellous traditional culture then you have to search in different categories to find it . Of course one of the pitfalls for the music seeking foreign fan in any part of the world is how to find the right artist or group among the usual " Greatest Hits " variety on offer -- I am Irish and have seen many examples of compilation CD's of so called Irish Music which is mainly for the tourist and usually by unknown pub singers /groups whereas an Irish music lover be he traditional or rock enthusiast will advise you of the CD's to steer clear of but more importantly will direct you to the real Mother lode . I have listened to Amira singing live on many occaisions and her voice and song interpretation has always knocked me out -- Amira can sing anything , folk, country , pop standards , but singing Sevdah , the traditonal music of Bosnia , is where she shines and this CD is a revelation and should be in every CD collection .
This is the real deal where everything , the choice of songs , their interpretation , the superb backing musicians from what I consider to be the best Bosnian traditional group, comes together in what is a divining collection of Bosnian traditional songs and if you want a CD that captures the spirit of Bosnia , its mountains, rivers , canyons ,culture -- this is it and I cannot recommend it highly enough.Long after I have left Bosnia and when I want to remind myself of what it was like I will put this CD on , settle back and let Bosnia capture me again.
on 2 May 2005
"Rosa" is a lovely album which just grows and grows on me. I have played it many times and it keeps revealing new things. The singing is beautiful, the instrumentation is excellent and the songs are strong and well-chosen. In addition, it is beautifully packaged - with colour photographs, original lyrics and English translations plus notes in English, French and Spanish, it is one of the best-presented CDs I have seen in a long time.
on 7 May 2005
Brilliant voice! Great interpretation!
In combination with such a great musicians as the guys from Mostar Sevdah Reunion are, this CD is the top that someone could make it.
I highly recommend this CD to all those who likes to listen sevdah. IF you have never listen music from this part of the earth, it's a right time to do so. I guarantee you one thing - you are going to enjoy!
on 6 February 2014
Beautiful voice and beautiful compilations of music from Bosnia, Serbia and Macedonia. It just proves how gorgeously fertile musically, Balkan soil is.