Customer reviews

The Adventures Of Robinson Crusoe [1964] [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 27 May 2008
For anyone who was a child of the 1960's or early 70's, this will surely bring back many memories and is an absolute must! I've been watching the DVD series with my own daughters (aged 9 and 7). Despite down-playing expectations in advance - it's in black and white, a bit crackly and very tame compared with today's TV - they absolutely love it. Very educational too - asking them what THEY would do in his situation (seek water, food, shelter etc.). We're watching one episode a day (I had to wait a full week for the next episode in 1965!). The music is on my ipod and I never walk on a deserted beach without the tunes in my head. Wonderful! Tim.
on 23 November 2016
Came on time, great service, and a great story for all the family to enjoy
on 6 February 2014
I actually bought this for my friend who doesn't have internet. She is 'over the moon' with it as it is very nostalgic for her. It was well packaged and plays excellent.
on 16 December 2012
DVD arrived promptly n no probs. Brought back memories of watching this as a child and teenager! The soundtrack music is so beautiful. It's now my ringtone.....
on 23 April 2013
This was a staple diet of my childhood in the 60's. As soon as I hear the music I am 10 years old again. Well crafted french production in black and white.
on 2 March 2014
I remembered this series from my childhood with fondness. I couldn't wait to get home to see the next episode. Black and white but well made and the music wonderful. My thanks to the company that restored it.
on 3 January 2015
I saw this many years ago and was very impressed with it and has lost none of its magic plus a great theme tune which makes it instantly recognizable
on 8 December 2014
loved this as a kid and still do its amazing how robinson survives on the island with the fantastic music to match .I love the german actor being british.
on 21 March 2013
As soon as I put the first disk in the player and heard the haunting music, it transported me back to my childhood and watching Robinson Crusoe on our old TV. It did not disappoint. Loved every minute of it.
on 5 October 2015
vintage previously unavailable classic 70's bbc series this which was apparently lost this is resued by all accounts form a french cut