on 5 November 2013
Ignore the mixed reviews and here are the facts. These gloves are good quality and well made which is what you would expect from Berghaus; These gloves can handle drizzle but not rain, they dry fast when wet, they are warm in light breezes and on cold days, they are not good though for strong cold winds, as they are fleece and have no wind break protection, and the hand size is very accurate for these gloves unlike other brands. So if you are going out on cold, damp and light breezy Autumn/Winter days they are great! If however it is extremely cold or windy, or raining heavy then you will need a winter glove, with wind resistance, waterproofing and a thicker insulation, all in all a great glove but not for extreme winter weather. Hope this helps.
211 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 24 November 2016
Fantastic gloves, simply a fantastic pair of gloves. I used to be the kind who got the cheap gloves from Primark which keep my hands warm in moderately freezing (close to Zero Celsius) temperatures, and end up lasting for about 4 or 5 months (but that's how long winters usually go for every year). However in the past two years my hands started to develop nodules in reaction to the cold weather and which lasted from January up to the latter part of April (Spring time), the condition forcing me to wear gloves but the type I was wearing from Primark were not adequate enough. Months and seasons have passed and now in November the cold has started coming again, my hands started feeling the pinch even in 'moderate' 10 degree C weather and I needed an adequate pair of gloves to keep my hands warm outside.

Instead of getting the cheap gloves from Primark I decided to go for a higher quality but not too expensive gloves from a respectable brand, a quick and efficient search on Amazon lead to these. The gloves feel great to the touch, the weave is solid and the gloves are a good fit on my moderately sized hands (not large, about medium-small hands). There is no strap on the wrist area of the glove to strap the glove in place on the hand, but the good fit ensures a strap is not really required, in fact this is an advantage as if the gloves needed quick removal for example operating your smartphone the gloves come off easily. The gloves are very warm on my hands outside and retain the heat great, the quality is superb and definitely worth paying more for a pair of gloves that will last years.
on 16 April 2017
I like the feel of this material and they happily fold to go in my pocket if necessary. A word about size. These are the first pair of gloves I've bought in a long time where XL means what it says . Normally I get gloves that are marked XL and they just about fit although my hands are by no means massive.
I thoroughly endorse these gloves and am very happy with them.
on 27 December 2015
I have had 3 sets of these now , that's how much I like them. They are good gloves, wife stole one pair...even though my hands are quite a bit larger than hers and I lost another pair but bought this same pair again. Gloves are warm and although not waterproof they do fine in normal rain if out walking. Wouldn't use them on my bike in heavy rain , but on occasion got caught on bike in rain and they did fine short term, and even when wet they are still better than no gloves at all! Highly recommend for the price
on 27 December 2017
I have these gloves before and served me well so when the old pair needed replaced i bought them again as they kept my hands nice and warm and were comfortable to wear. Only slight issue is when they get wet it eventually leaks through but for the money i can't complain.
on 22 January 2016
This is my second pair of these gloves; the first ones lasted about ten years and I've always found them warm enough for my dog walking throughout the colder months in Northern climbs of the UK. When my first pair went missing recently there was only one replacement I had in mind, i.e.: more of the same please.

They are not waterproof or windproof, so not really designed for intense activity in severe conditions, but they make good under-gloves for those situations. Highly recommended.
One person found this helpful
on 25 November 2017
Awful. The 'Double Cuffs' that are supposed to keep your hands in place aren't narrower than the hand, so unless you have huge fat wrists they aren't going to hold much in place. The seams inside are massively bulky and run over the fingertips, so you have bulbous fingers and bad grip. Really bad fit overall.
on 31 January 2018
Fit could be better but keep hands warm as intended.
on 24 February 2013
I have several pairs of winter gloves but all of them are bulky and difficult to fit inside the cuffs of winter coats. These Berghaus gloves, however, are relatively slim but still offer the warmth that we all expect from this kind of product. As others have reported, the fit around the wrist is snug and they are a bit of a squeeze to put on because of this but, once on, they are very comfortable. The snug fit does allow them to easily meet the need expressed in my first sentence above.

So far I have worn them in everyday situations and also when hill walking in the Wolds and they have proved warm and comfortable without the need for an extra layer. I have some winter motorcycle gloves and I anticipated that these might be needed over the top of these gloves but this has not been necessary. As far as size is concerned, the large version fits me well as a normal build six footer. These Berghaus gloves are now my first choice from the cupboard under the stairs! Highly recommended.
on 3 April 2013
Arrived Today...usual fast delivery from Amazon.

The gloves are a little tight around the top to get on but they do fit perfectly. According to the labels, they're supposed to be a little tight to keep the warmth in.

They feel soft, comfortable - no itching - and of good quality.

I've been out in the garden digging up the snow with my niece so it was the perfect opportunity to test them. I can happily say they are fantastic! My hands were warm and also completely dry. I don't know how water-proof these gloves are but I reckon for light use in and around water or rain they will keep you dry.

For a tenner I'm Glad I bought these.