Customer reviews

Branching Out The Oldfield Farm
Price:£59.99+ Free shipping

on 29 March 2010
My two year old loves this farm. It is bright and colourful. The pin toy animals are sold separately but are well worth getting. Our son has great fun playing with them. As with all the John Crane toys that we have bought, there is always something a little faulty with them, which makes the toy even more unique! The magnets that hold the roof of one of the barns together repel each other. All in all a lovely farm which I know my son will have years of fun with. We are glad we bought it.
on 13 January 2011
I bought this for my 3 year old grandson for his birthday and it was a real hit. It is well made, and finished, easily assembled. His 17 month old sister also enjoyed playing with it too but when the children were in bed my daughter and I spent a great deal of time re-arranging the farm buildings, fences and the extra animals we bought. Great toy for children and adults.
on 29 January 2011
We got this farm set as a gift for our two year old son for CHristmas. The farm was quickly assembled ( if I can do it anyone can!!) and our son literally plays with it for hours. The fences were not sturdy so we glued them together to make them more stable. Would definitely recommend this.
on 10 January 2011
Once constructed, this farm does indeed look as good as it does in the manufacturer's images and on the box. HOWEVER,the two base boards that form the farmyard itself do not join together in any way, and can slip on the surface on which you place them. In addition, the farm buildings etc. then slip and slide on the farm surface when placed on top. The fences are not weighted or made non-slip in any way so they tip over constantly, and the ladder slides away from the top window of the barn for the same reason. My daughter loves playing with the animals we bought with the farm, but the farm itself is not good value for money. A little bit of extra thought on the part of the manufacturer could have improved this farm set dramatically: some little felt non-slip pads on the bases of the buildings, or the two base boards cut to fit like two large jigsaw pieces. Looks good, but not terribly functional or durable...
on 3 March 2013
This is a nice looking farm and quite strong, but it would have been nice to have a couple of animals included with it
on 28 November 2011
Wow! Great product - easy to assemble. Will provide hours of small world play for my toddler and I! The ladder into the hay loft is my little boys favourite part! Great for encouraging speaking and listening skills as well as sharing/turn taking!
on 21 October 2010
My 3year old grandson loves this farm,suitable for boys and girls,good quality wood toy,big enough to get your animals inside, a simple toy, but lots of fun.
on 1 January 2012
The product quality is excellent and easy to put together but I was very surprised that no animals were included in the box. Your picture of the farmhouse showed animals but none was included.
I would not have bought it had I known.
on 15 December 2009
says on the website that the farm comes with a selection of animals, however there are no animals supplied, you have to buy them separately
on 1 January 2011
I bought this farm as a replacement for a wooden farm I got my son for Christmas from a well known toy shop. This farm is well made, the instructions are easy to follow and my boys love it. The roof comes off for access to the inside of the buildings. The only annoying part is the cow shed roof as it slips of quite easily.