Customer reviews

Bushnell Permafocus® 10x42mm Roof Prism Binocular - 171043

on 17 March 2016
Just received these and first impression was that they were a bit larger and heavier than expected, however as soon as I put then up to my eyes and I had a perfect view immediately, I was sold! I've tried them without glasses, with glasses ( both prescription and sun) and have perfect focus at once. Bought these for a holiday in the Canadian Rockies later this year and, hopefully, they will be just the job!
on 20 June 2016
I bought these binoculars warily having read the other reviews. I found the binocular was unable to focus on items within a garden and would struggle to focus when items were obscured by leaves and branches. Its a great idea but it needs an override to get it to focus on what you want to see. Amazon return service was faultless. I have bought another Bushnell binocular since which is fabulous.
on 19 August 2011
Bought these for my younger brother (9) in an attempt to encourage him into watching some wildlife. Excellent for the younger user as so simple to use. Very good quality vision for the price. Not so good for very close up but, again, can't complain at the price.
on 7 October 2011
Until i went on a bear watching trip in British Columbia this year, I had no idea that people with really bad eye sight (like me) could use binoculars. But permafocus makes this happen. My friends who also have bad eyesight refuse to believe that these work for us specy four eyes - till they try them. I chose these to be light to carry but give good vision and they are amazing. I couldn't recommend them more highly. I love bird watching and these binos are just fanatstic - buy a pair, life is too short not to!
on 11 March 2013
Do quite a bit of casual bird watching and have several pairs of bins these however are the bet yet no gimmicks no focus light to carry no good for close up but if things are close you don't need bins anyway super product only one downer no lens covers but then you only lose them don't you
on 6 April 2014
Very prompt delivery, and well packaged. But soon apparent that the limitations of the permanent focus was more sensitive than had been hoped. At distance the 10x magnification was okay but not totally crisp, and the short-range stuff well beyond the limits of our sizeable garden. However the return process through Amazon's pick up service was excellent, and straightforward for my fist time useage. An alternative order for focussing Bushnells has now been placed, and whilst more expensive I feel sure they WILL fit the Bill.
on 17 March 2014
Very quick delivery, great product. These were a present for my brother he was really pleased with them. Not sure if he has used them yet.
on 1 September 2014
Prompt delivery and good set of binoculars but not great if you wear glasses as can't adjust the eye cup focus. Therefore only 4 stars.
on 27 March 2014
Bought these before going on safari - was initially sceptical as to how the permafocus would work for me. They worked amazing, no messing around trying to get image in focus, just look through and see crystal clear images. Definitely recommend these bins!
on 20 September 2014
Not what I expected the auto focus is ok but I expected an auto zoom I can see just as clear with the naked eye. Size and style is great Inside of binoculars from day one something sounds like it is moving inside of casing????