Bosch X-Line Accessory Set, 30 Pieces
Size: 30 Pieces|Change

on 19 October 2015
I bought these as a temporary replacement for my previous set of drill bits that "went missing" during a house move a short while ago. I thought for the price it was great value and while a lot smaller than my previous set should have enough bits and pieces to get me through for a while.

So far I have used a couple of the masonry bits to attach a TV to the wall and there was no trouble drilling in even using the widest 10mm bit. I have also used a couple of the wood bits with no issue (though this was only drilling into MDF and chip board so I would have been really upset if the wood bit encountered an issue there).

All in all a great little set that should have enough bits and pieces to keep the keen DIYer out of trouble for a while.
on 26 November 2016
The other day I needed a bit to drill through some wood. I didn't have what I needed, so trooped off to the local hardware store and had to pay £8.49 for a plastic pack with three (unbranded and probably foreign) different size bits. By comparison, this Bosch set is a snip. I've bought at a deal price of just on £10 and I'm delighted with both the quality and contents.

The green mounded plastic box holds everything really securely and the red plastic clips snap the case shut and hold it tightly closed. That should be good for keeping moisture out. Everything is well laid out and the range of bits and screwdriver fitments should be adequate for most DIY jobs. I don't do a lot, but it's certainly ideal for indoor plaster jobs, outdoor mortar and brick and general woodwork tasks. I don't really use wrenches, so they're a bonus and there's a couple of larger bits which will be great for a couple of one off jobs I have in mind.

I've no issue with the quality. For half a dozen or so smallish jobs I do with a drill each year, these will be more than adequate and I expect the set to last some years. It's neat to store and takes up very little room. I'm very happy. Great selection and amazing value.
on 14 December 2017
Just got it.

The box is very good.

I have read many reviews and have come to the conclusion that this item is ideal for someone who is doing the odd bit of DIY.

Even if the drill bits do not last, so what. Chances are I will only use the bits once or twice.

It means I have a full range to use if I need them for a few pounds.

If I was going to ask for anything, it would be a drill chuck key rather than a knife.

But the box they come in, if much better than I was expecting.

If I was going to say anything bad, is that its a shame the bottom of the box could not simply lift out, as it would be a great box to keep all my drill bits in. If they had done this, it would have been worth buying this for the box itself.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 February 2017
There's three different variations on this Bosch set. I didn't need as many screwdriver bits or a tape measure, so decided to go with the mid-range one. I purchased this for the drill bits really, of which there's a variety for wood and metal and sizes clearly indicated. There's a sizing tool in the box too which will allow me to size up all the loose drill bits I have kicking around in the garage. For the money, it's a good buy and I can recommend.
on 1 August 2017
This set is absolutely brilliant and includes everything you might need to complete most DIY tasks including hanging pictures, setting up flat pack furniture, fitting coat racks and shelves, sinking screws and many other jobs around the house. The drill bit size guide is a life saver for raw plug sizing and the bits are so diverse they cover pretty much all sizes and materials you’d need.

So far everything I’ve required around the house has come from this kit.
VINE VOICEon 21 December 2017
The case is robust and will protect the contents as well as providing a "go-to" place to find them.The drills aren't the best quality and some have a cheap feel to them but for the price paid,it's still a bargain.We use a plumber who charges a £1 per minute when he's working on the property and an electrician at similar rates and often you need their tool kit rather than their expertise so this kit should reduce the number of times i need to pay for help.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 June 2016
A good selection of decent quality accessories for the DIY user. A sturdy case contains all the essentials for your cordless drill including drilling bits for wood, steel and masonry.
Drill bits are nice and sharp and the screwdriving bits are robust enough to withstand normal domestic use.
Ideal to have everything in its place - then you can identify immediately the pieces you have left on the floor!
on 28 November 2016
At £10 One of the best buy's on Amazon ever ! I'm not a heavy duty DIY user so this selection of drill bits is perfect for any little jobs around the house that ever crop up. It will certainly save me a fortune on trips to the Ironmonger !
on 30 November 2016
Great starter set of drill and screwdriver bits for a DIY beginner like me.

Considering the target audience of a set like this (non-pros) it would have been nice for the different types of drill bits and their intended purpose to be labelled in the case though, and there's ample space on the grey plastic to do so.
on 4 January 2017
Great piece of kit for the money.

I've used all the types of drill bits, and they have not failed me. The HSS 2.5-4 performed well when I needed to drill out stainless steel screws. I also use the drill pieces (positive & flat) and they too are quality. I would certainly recommend this set to anyone.